C5 and C6 now gone??

So last year two of my HDDs had a c5 and C6 problem on Crystal Disk info. I replaced them and backed everything up but continued to use them until they died. I never added anything new to the drives just continued to use them. Yesterday I loaded up Crystal Disk and now they don't have C5 and C6 I'm baffled I've seen them having c5 and c6 errors for a long time because I use Crystal Disk quite a lot. Any ideas on how they just corrected themselves or am I missing something? To be honest I'm happy if they stay this way 

C5 can reset. I'm not sure C6 should.

C5 Current Pending Sector Count is the disk detecting there are weak sectors. The next time you write data to those sectors, the drive will relocate them to a new location.

C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count - maybe it works similarly to the above. You have lost the data on those sectors, but on next write the disk can remap them to good sectors and thus there aren't uncorrectable sectors any more.

Both are signs the disk has had problems, but going away means it has repaired them. The caution is if they were one-off, or if it is a sign of degradation that can affect more over time.

Edit: I'd suggest a full surface read and see if there might be other areas that could be degrading. Check those values again after doing so.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

16 minutes ago, porina said:

C5 can reset. I'm not sure C6 should.

C5 Current Pending Sector Count is the disk detecting there are weak sectors. The next time you write data to those sectors, the drive will relocate them to a new location.

C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count - maybe it works similarly to the above. You have lost the data on those sectors, but on next write the disk can remap them to good sectors and thus there aren't uncorrectable sectors any more.

Both are signs the disk has had problems, but going away means it has repaired them. The caution is if they were one-off, or if it is a sign of degradation that can affect more over time.

Edit: I'd suggest a full surface read and see if there might be other areas that could be degrading. Check those values again after doing so.

I started a surface test now it will take at least 11 or so hours due to it being 10TB drive. Thanks for your response 

C5 and C6 can also be due to SATA cable wonkiness. I had a flareup of those in one of the drives in my NAS. Un/replugging the cable fixed it

Also, with multiple 10TB drives, I hope you're striping them somehow. That's a LOT of data

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

35 minutes ago, OddOod said:

C5 and C6 can also be due to SATA cable wonkiness. I had a flareup of those in one of the drives in my NAS. Un/replugging the cable fixed it

Also, with multiple 10TB drives, I hope you're striping them somehow. That's a LOT of data

So they used to be plugged into my NAS until it detected the issue with them. Since then I just used them holding random files and it plugged into my PC. Since being plugged in it's always had C5 and a C6 issue. We'll see what happens at the end of the surface test