Nintendo Switch 2 & Ps5 pro

Hellowpplz

What are yall's opinion on the announcement of the Nintendo Switch 2? As an original switch owner, i'm excited to see a sizeable performance boost, reported to be up as high as xbox one / ps4 performance levels. 
On another note, what about the ps5 pro? Opinions? Thoughts about the timing? I own a normal ps5 as well and plan on upgrading as well as long as I can sell my ps5 for a good enough price to be able to buy the ps5 pro. It's also been rumored that PlayStation will have it's own upscaling feature to play much more efficiently. Can't wait to play Spider-Man 2 on fidelity at 60 fps!

https://www.techopedia.com/news/nintendo-switch-2-release-date
https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/ps5-pro-what-we-know-about-release-date-specs-and-how-it-might-stack-up/

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Moved to Console Gaming. Post does not comply with the Tech News Posting Guidelines.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Stellar Blade's release is tempting to get a PS5 finally but still, knowing the devs it should be a matter of time till the game comes to PC, like all Sony exclusives.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

8 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Stellar Blade's release is tempting to get a PS5 finally but still, knowing the devs it should be a matter of time till the game comes to PC, like all Sony exclusives.

I wanna see linus beat the ps5 pro performance with the same price. At the time he did the same with the Ps5 non-pro it was $500, and it's rumored that the ps5 pro will be $500-550. With Playstation's new upscaling that's gonna be a challenge for sure.

12 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

a sizeable performance boost, reported to be up as high as xbox one / ps4 performance levels

i suppose i'd be more excited if my computer wasn't several times better.

idk , nintendo people have a whole different scale for what's considered good or current. Basically a sort of "nintendo bubble" where current consoles are only compared to past nintendo consoles rather than any other company or product. mostly due to their IP only being on their own products.

for me , I like the n64 , buts thats about it. didn't care for anything after that

Just now, emosun said:

idk , nintendo people have a whole different scale for what's considered good or current. Basically a sort of "nintendo bubble" where current consoles are only compared to past nintendo consoles rather than any other company or product. mostly due to their IP only being on their own products.

for me , I like the n64 , buts thats about it. didn't care for anything after that

*cough cough* wii *cough*

Just now, Hellowpplz said:

*cough cough* wii *cough*

?

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

?

Cmon Tell me you liked the wii
yknow what nvm I thought literally everyone loved it

1 minute ago, Hellowpplz said:

Cmon Tell me you liked the wii
yknow what nvm I thought literally everyone loved it

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

10 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

I wanna see linus beat the ps5 pro performance with the same price. At the time he did the same with the Ps5 non-pro it was $500, and it's rumored that the ps5 pro will be $500-550. With Playstation's new upscaling that's gonna be a challenge for sure.

PC's usually never win, since the comparison's always been rigged from the start cause Sony and other console makers sell consoles at a loss, making back the money thanks to inflated membership fees, extra peripherals costs and way higher game prices.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Just now, venomtail said:

PC usually never win, since the comparison's always been rigged from the start cause Sony and other console makers sell consoles at a loss, making back the money thanks to inflated membership fees, extra peripherals and game prices.

Tell that to Linus in his Pc vs ps5 vid lol

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

Touche

4 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Tell that to Linus in his Pc vs ps5 vid lol

4 minutes ago, venomtail said:

PC's usually never win

Default is new off the shelve parts. Throw into the mix used or donor parts and then maybe there's a shot.

37 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

What are yall's opinion on the announcement of the Nintendo Switch 2? As an original switch owner, i'm excited to see a sizeable performance boost, reported to be up as high as xbox one / ps4 performance levels. 
On another note, what about the ps5 pro? Opinions? Thoughts about the timing? I own a normal ps5 as well and plan on upgrading as well as long as I can sell my ps5 for a good enough price to be able to buy the ps5 pro. It's also been rumored that PlayStation will have it's own upscaling feature to play much more efficiently. Can't wait to play Spider-Man 2 on fidelity at 60 fps!

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/ps5-pro-what-we-know-about-release-date-specs-and-how-it-might-stack-up/

As a parent with kids coming into the gaming age, i think the switch 2 looks interesting. Have never owned a console myself but im an avid pc gamer, so a handheld with kidfriendly titles in a somewhat protected garden seems ideal. And with the age of the Switch 1 im not really inclined to pay full price for that badboy.

Also, we live in an apartment, so spacesaving is a +

12 minutes ago, venomtail said:

PC's usually never win, since the comparison's always been rigged from the start cause Sony and other console makers sell consoles at a loss, making back the money thanks to inflated membership fees, extra peripherals costs and way higher game prices.

yeah, my go to argument is usually the utility of the PC - I dont think i can sell it to my employer that im working from home via a PS5, or write emails to the parent group on it. Also the console games just seem expensive. And i dont mind paying full price for BG3 or similar, but its nice to sprinkle some cheap older games or indie titles into the mix.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

1 hour ago, emosun said:

well no there lots of people that hate Nintendo thats why they emulate it. speed is not only the problem they want to fix it and preserving the game too. there just too many modern things to emulators. even on the go they will buy a steam deck and emulate on that...

i did learn that alot of nintendo games shutdown when gamespy went bust so it may have not been nintendo...🤷‍♂️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, DeerDK said:

yeah, my go to argument is usually the utility of the PC - I dont think i can sell it to my employer that im working from home via a PS5, or write emails to the parent group on it. Also the console games just seem expensive. And i dont mind paying full price for BG3 or similar, but its nice to sprinkle some cheap older games or indie titles into the mix.

Just look at Epic or GOG on PC. I've got several pages on Epic, 200+ games I haven't paid for, expensive titles for free such as the Whole Watch dogs franchise, Several Assassins Creed games, GTA 5. Just a few days ago a dude was complaining he's not finding Plague's Tale: Innocence as fun as he was expecting but the fact that he only had to pay 50% off on the PS5 store softens the disappointment a bit but still was an expensive try out of his comfort zone of typical games. Same game's been on like 3 free runs on Epic this whole time. Deus Ex this week as well.

Sure PC has higher buy in prices than consoles, especially new with warranties and having someone build it for you + waiting whilst it's build but the long term significant cost savings are so much more worth it. 

8 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Just look at Epic or GOG on PC. I've got several pages on Epic, 200+ games I haven't paid for, expensive titles for free such as the Whole Watch dogs franchise, Several Assassins Creed games, GTA 5. Just a few days ago a dude was complaining he's not finding Plague's Tale: Innocence as fun as he was expecting but the fact that he only had to pay 50% off on the PS5 store softens the disappointment a bit but still was an expensive try out of his comfort zone of typical games. Same game's been on like 3 free runs on Epic this whole time. Deus Ex this week as well.

Sure PC has higher buy in prices than consoles, especially new with warranties and having someone build it for you + waiting whilst it's build but the long term significant cost savings are so much more worth it. 

Exactly! As long as we don't dive into the collected value of one's Steam Backlog 😂

Seriously, though, I love that I can probably get my old physical copy of Morrowind to run on my current PC. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

33 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well no

no what

On 3/20/2024 at 8:26 PM, Hellowpplz said:

What announcements? It's all rumors.