Moving to a different country, what should I do with my pc?

I am moving to a different country, what should I do with my pc? Should I sell it and buy a new one in the country or try to transport my current rig on a plane?

Specs:

i7-4790k @4.8ghz

Arctic liquid freezer ii 280 AIO

asus z97-c motherboard

rtx 2060 evga ko ultra deshrouded +100 core +800 memory

2133mhz ddr3 ram

corsair 3000d

samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd

wd green 4tb hdd

thermaltake gx2 600w psu

+sexy cable management

How much could I sell that pc for?

I have space in baggage to carry the pc, im just worried about the hard drive and the AIO

pic of my pc:

pc.jpg

It's pretty old, but if it's fine for you, then there's no problem in transporting it, just fill it with those expanding foam things that people use to ship pcs, and don't do it on a plane, but rather use postal service, because the pc might not survive how they throw aroud the luggage

Good day, I'm not sure what country you are in but I would reasonably accept the neighborhood of $275-350 in USD. When marketing this tho I would put it online at a slightly higher asking price at $400 USD. Adjust these into other currency depending on location. 

Yes and as other person said if you are ohkay with it and it serves you, why not bring it with. Shipping it, packaging it, or bringing it on the plane will be a cost. 

Might be an opportunity to upgrade? If you want to anyway. Personally I wouldn't want to transport this. Do check if where you're moving to may have customs fees you'd have to pay.

If you can take the down time, I'd sell it and upgrade on the other end. Take out the storage and take that with you so you keep your data (backups still a good idea). Optionally buy a small/cheap SSD and put Windows on that to help sell the system.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

An HDD is fine moving while not spinning. An SSD is fine whatever.

I'd disassemble the gpu and pack separate if there's a risk of shock.

AIO is fine.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

2 minutes ago, porina said:

Optionally buy a small/cheap SSD and put Windows on that to help sell the system.

The SSD is visible

3 minutes ago, leclod said:

The SSD is visible

Re-read what I wrote in that section. I was suggesting to OP to keep the existing storage (so they keep their data) while selling the system. The new SSD would be just to help sell the system after removing the existing storage.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

12 minutes ago, porina said:

Re-read what I wrote in that section. I was suggesting to OP to keep the existing storage (so they keep their data) while selling the system. The new SSD would be just to help sell the system after removing the existing storage.

Ok, I agree, I got things wrong.

But he already has an SSD to sell the PC with. He shouldn't keep both drives and keeping the 4TB makes (sort of) sense.

Never buy to sell.

(and I'd just keep the PC and move it, one thing at a time)

Edited by leclod

5 minutes ago, leclod said:

But he already has an SSD to sell the PC with. He shouldn't keep both drives and keeping the 4TB makes (sort of) sense.

It's OP's decision at the end of the day but I recommended what I would do.

Why keep the original SSD? Presumably it has the OS on it and personal data. It is easier to me to keep it. Otherwise you'd have to make sure you moved everything you want to keep, and make sure you wiped your data so there are no traces left. It's just a lot easier to keep the whole thing and swap in a clean one.

I know many wouldn't recommend it, but I've had pretty good success with OS device transplants between systems in the Win10/Win11 era. There's a good chance you can stick it in the new system and, after some driver updates, it'll work pretty much where you left off. Saving reinstalling and configuring everything.

If the Windows activation is kept or left is something to consider. I usually get OEM as cheaper but not transferrable for example.

4 minutes ago, porina said:

I know many wouldn't recommend it, but I've had pretty good success with OS device transplants between systems in the Win10/Win11 era. There's a good chance you can stick it in the new system and, after some driver updates, it'll work pretty much where you left off. Saving reinstalling and configuring everything.

If the Windows activation is kept or left is something to consider. I usually get OEM as cheaper but not transferrable for example.

I say keep it.

You say sell it, ok.

But if he upgrades, he must upgrade to M.2, not keep that SATA. Come on, papy 🙃.

56 minutes ago, FunkyBushMonkey said:

Good day, I'm not sure what country you are in but I would reasonably accept the neighborhood of $275-350 in USD. When marketing this tho I would put it online at a slightly higher asking price at $400 USD. Adjust these into other currency depending on location. 

Yes and as other person said if you are ohkay with it and it serves you, why not bring it with. Shipping it, packaging it, or bringing it on the plane will be a cost. 

ive seen similar pcs going for abt 500 with slower gpus, so I think i can make atleast 500 out of my pc, and then buy a much newer and faster pc