Can I load an OS installer on my primary drive itself?

We typically load the OS installer (Debian in my case) on an USB drive and have the BIOS boot into it. I just realized that a better way would be to load the installer on a separate permanent drive (like an SSD or HDD) and boot into it, which would be a way faster of an installation but requires you to have an extra SSD which I don't. I only have one drive on which Windows is installed, and I want to dual boot it with Debian. Is it possible in any way to load the OS installer on my primary drive itself and have the BIOS boot into it? In my BIOS boot menu, I only see storage devices and not partitions that I can boot from.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

I'm not currently aware of anything that would let you do that.

It may be faster to install if the installer is directly on the drive you're installing on, but it's near infinitely more convenient to have a USB drive with your installer on it. I keep a USB drive with Ventoy installed that holds all my various operating system installers, that I can grab and install just about anything short of macOS from just one drive.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!