How to properly ship a Graphics card?

J03tz13l

Hello, I recently sold my Evga Rtx 3060 and wanted to know what basic materials can I use to protect it during shipping.

Do you have the original box?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Anti static bag makes the buyer feel good. Wrap it heavily in bubble wrap and make sure it’s centered in the box.

Consider what gpus ship in when new, it’s just form fitting foam in a box. 

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Do you have the original box?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do not have the original box.

Just now, J03tz13l said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do not have the original box.

Place the card in an anti-static bag, make sure the card has plenty of space in between the edge of the card to the sidewall of the box(~1.5" on all sides), with plenty of bubble wrap filling the voids to ensure the card cannot be moved around, and of course, make sure it's sealed properly.

Carriers are not kind to boxes, especially during processing, so the box will likely take some impacts that could damage the card inside if it's not packaged properly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

9 minutes ago, J03tz13l said:

Hello, I recently sold my Evga Rtx 3060 and wanted to know what basic materials can I use to protect it during shipping.

If you don't have the OG box. Find a box that fits the GPU size/length/cut to length. Add bubble wrap on bottom or foam or whatever, multiple layers here.  Then for the GPU itself, wrap the GPU in bubble wrap. wrap around with some painters tape so it holds it together.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Hello, I just found a "Conductive grid bag" from an old motherboard that has been inside it for years. Would it work? Also,can it cause any type of damage to my gpu,as I've seen threads talking about the dangers of using them.

1 hour ago, J03tz13l said:

Hello, I just found a "Conductive grid bag" from an old motherboard that has been inside it for years. Would it work? Also,can it cause any type of damage to my gpu,as I've seen threads talking about the dangers of using them.

What kind of dangers have you seen online?