TotalBiscuit has cancer. (not really tech news)

WhatTheQuack

Even if money was an issue for him I thought this is what Obamacare was supposed to solve. I'm 99% sure he has good insurance too so his copay will probably be $25

Yeah he made several comments about how high his bills were DESPITE insurance. You don't seem to be able to get insurance coverage like that over there. Over here I pay 45 euros a year and I'm covered for several thousand euros of hospitalization costs....plus obviously the bills here are way lower to start with.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Yeah he made several comments about how high his bills were DESPITE insurance. You don't seem to be able to get insurance coverage like that over there. Over here I pay 45 euros a year and I'm covered for several thousand euros of hospitalization costs....plus obviously the bills here are way lower to start with.

Interesting, mine is $1000 then it's all on the insurance company. Companies are amazingly different in America it can be confusing.. oh well, I don't want to start a massive debate in this thread.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Glad to see that he's staying positive, has good support around him and that he has a good chance, even if not immediately lethal I can tell you that having a chronic disease greatly exacerbates other issues like depression and thus both end up being a lot more difficult to deal with.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Old.

nope, before he said he may now he actually does 

Really sad, he's far too young to have been diagnosed with cancer.

People far younger have died of cancer.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

https://twitter.com/Seanza/status/461550373946548226

What Karma? TB apologized. Everyone can get pushed too far and have a fit. This is far too serious to focus on crap like that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

:( Man I feel extremely bad for him... I can say with confidence that his videos are perhaps the ones that I most enjoy watching on YouTube. I sincerely hope that they can remove the cancer. Hang in there, TB.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Not colon cancer. Colon cancer is only prevalent in geriatric patients.

If I recall, he did say previously he has a family history of bowel disease.

If I recall, he did say previously he has a family history of bowel disease.

A combination of family history, environment, diet & bad luck. Hope he gets well soon !

He said it's just a small cancer right now and doesn't seem too worried about it, staying positive. Thoughts?

We fear cancerous invasion or metastasis both of which haven't happened yet as far as I can tell. If that remains to be the case the chemo will shrink the tumor and then they'll surgically remove it. So the prognosis is quite favorable. Right now he just needs support.

Damn. Hope he gets better. Definitely enjoy watching his videos, and I hope he recovers quickly, no one deserves to go through that crap.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Damn. Hope he gets better. Definitely enjoy watching his videos, and I hope he recovers quickly, no one deserves to go through that crap.

Well said!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Hope he makes a full recovery. 

Wow, that sucks. I hope the doctors will be able to keep it contained.

:/

COMIC SANS

He moved to the US several years ago.

Welp, didn't know that

Praise Duarte!

Oh my god. Fuck! Get well soon!  :(

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

This news is terrible, I love TotalBiscuit's stuff. If I was in a position to help with funding I would. It took some balls to come out on the internet like he just did. 

He moved to the US several years ago.

If it is too expensive he can come back and get it treated on the NHS.

How awful.  I hope he makes a full and swift recovery.

Any medical issue, see your doctor.  He's right - you cannot embarass or shock a doctor.  They are professional miracle workers and they've seen it all before.

https://twitter.com/Seanza/status/461550373946548226

What Karma? TB apologized. Everyone can get pushed too far and have a fit. This is far too serious to focus on crap like that.

TB throws a fit at everything. He is a narcissist with paper thin skin and even if you're mad you shouldn't tell someone to get cancer and die (or tell someone to die in general).

I am indifferent about Total Biscuit and I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy, but you have to admit that it is a bit ironic that he has gone around telling people to die, get horrible diseases etc, and then he ends up getting cancer. Again, I don't think he or anyone else deserves it, but it is ironic.

Cancer is very serious, and that's why you shouldn't go around telling people to get it.