DualSense controller dying fast after update?

KageSong

Hey guys, idk if anyone can help with this, but my controller suddenly went from lasting hours, to only about 90 minutes (not great for streaming, lol). While looking around on reddit, there seems to be two possibilities, either the Sony charging stand, or something with the latest firmware update. Would love to see if anyone has any useful insight.

Here's the most relevant reddit link I found

31 minutes ago, KageSong said:

Hey guys, idk if anyone can help with this, but my controller suddenly went from lasting hours, to only about 90 minutes (not great for streaming, lol). While looking around on reddit, there seems to be two possibilities, either the Sony charging stand, or something with the latest firmware update. Would love to see if anyone has any useful insight.

Here's the most relevant reddit link I found

"The doc is not the problem. I have 2 controllers and charge them with with the cord it came with directly connected to the ps5 and they last about 50 minutes before they are dead. Horrible controllers" – From reddit

no

2nd, 
Mine lasts about 1-3 hours depending on usage ://. Controllers just lose battery capacity over time I think. *cough* nintendo *cough cough*. Plus when using the adaptive triggers, controller speaker, microphone, and the light at full, my controller can last as low as 30 minutes.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

On 3/14/2024 at 4:10 PM, Hellowpplz said:

"The doc is not the problem. I have 2 controllers and charge them with with the cord it came with directly connected to the ps5 and they last about 50 minutes before they are dead. Horrible controllers" – From reddit

no

2nd, 
Mine lasts about 1-3 hours depending on usage ://. Controllers just lose battery capacity over time I think. *cough* nintendo *cough cough*. Plus when using the adaptive triggers, controller speaker, microphone, and the light at full, my controller can last as low as 30 minutes.

I don't use any of those features at all, and it was pretty sudden drop off after the last firmware update.