Cougar stc 650w with rtx 3060

Ucan_101
Go to solution Solved by Motifator,

Cougar is hot trash, even worse than CX650m on the paintjob.

If you want cheap 'er' done, there are much better PSUs. Acbel is far better and they're not even the best OEM remotely.

Go Seasonic.

Is that a good combo ? My cx650m suddenly died for no reason. I just scrolling youtube and it shutdown and smells like burnt. My seller reccomend me this

If you want cheap 'er' done, there are much better PSUs. Acbel is far better and they're not even the best OEM remotely.

Go Seasonic.

andyson px 1200w at 845rb (56$)

better than whatever new warrantyless garbage psus at that pricepoint

yes that psu would work, its a 624w unit with 52a on the 12v rail so it wouldnt be that bad but less than ideal especially at the what id assume to be >750rb/50$ youd be paying for it cause even this 240rb (16$) rexiii 700w is of higher quality with 12v at 58.3a or exactly at 700w without any distance between 12v rating and psu advertised rating which means its of higher quality

I had an Andyson some time ago... has been a while, 2012 or so. I was a beasty PSU, no Seasonic though.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Go Seasonic.

I actually not wanting a cheap psu, this is actually just a bit lower price as cx650m. Just that its the only option in the seller's store so i want to confirm since i cant find that psu in both psu tier list and youtube review. 

I have a work so im considering just buy good one if possible to get back to work immediately while waiting for rma than sell the old one. But since this is much worse, imma just rma than. 

Thanks for the reply both of you

32 minutes ago, Ucan_101 said:

I actually not wanting a cheap psu, this is actually just a bit lower price as cx650m. Just that its the only option in the seller's store so i want to confirm since i cant find that psu in both psu tier list and youtube review. 

I have a work so im considering just buy good one if possible to get back to work immediately while waiting for rma than sell the old one. But since this is much worse, imma just rma than. 

Thanks for the reply both of you

just rma if tokped cant ship a psu over there

also id just ignore the tierlist here as theres alot of decent units but obscure brands like that aformentioned rexiii which is definitely quality just by the 12v rail matching the psus advertised wattage

for criteria single 12v rail only and when you look it up online + customer reviews there are no reported issues, 12v rail is prefferaby = to psu advertised wattage but at most 100w under psu advertised wattage though i wouldnt reccomend anything thats over 50w under the psus advertised wattage, prefferably <7 years old

just with this criteria except the last one regarding age i have 3 psus all working just fine, my 13yo dazumba 450w (eff 360w due to 12v rail = 30a) which is now just a backup unit and served me well for my oc shenanigans except x58 due to psu wattage, a dsa ii 550w (eff 504w due to 12v rail = 42a) also working just fine on my failiure of an x58 gaming build which im now gonna liquidate cause noone wanted to buy it, then theres my tundra 700w (eff 648w 12v rail = 54a) which is my main psu now powering my x58 oc shenanigans also works flawlessly though i havent been pushing cpu ocs that much due to cooler having no mounting hardware atm, just ddr3 3300c10 atm