Getting 90 year old to play games other than Solitaire?

Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
Just now, Dedayog said:

Possibly account compromised and bot posting?

Can;t imagine why someone with over 1k posts would go thru the trouble...

Idk buddy, I just reported it just in case, with "Just in case" as reason 馃ぃ

If it IS a legit question, like I've said, pretty sure most of what those people said in that other thread is applicable here as well.

Not that I know what this OP or that other OP means by "Real Game", regardless of what kinda games OP actually meant, one thing is sure : it's going to be harder to make a 90y old learn new game than a 9y old, especially if it's about some type of fast paced game.

Is there a gateway game that could possibly be used to transition into playing actual games?

Granddad has a lot of games at their disposal, owns a Gameboy and a eMachines "never obsolete" PC. The whole ass PC only getting used is the PC for that one game.

I don't care that he wants to play that game, but I'm always being asked to watch it when it does the card cascade thing, and basically, I'm not. It's going to prevent gaming together from being a core memory (goodness knows he needs some strong memories right now) Like it will be for myself. At the time I got into games, it was me and my sibling playing with my daughter, but we played games that we all enjoyed. Like I recently found a cracked copy of game we used to play on my Apple MAcintosh, SimCity. At that time, there were a lot of games that we could play together without it being forced. Because of how things are different, and what NPC oldies play (Yes, I feel my granddad is an NPC- but I'm not the only son), there isn't a crossover. Also, I'm not going to force any games, He'll play what they want. It sucks, I keep being asked to watch, but I'm not going to watch Solitaire, for more than 10 minutes, and he cannot play a real game for more than 5 minutes.

What do we do? Keep the status quo?

20 minutes ago, whispous said:

Is there a gateway game that could possibly be used to transition into playing actual games?

Granddad has a lot of games at their disposal, owns a Gameboy and a eMachines "never obsolete" PC. The whole ass PC only getting used is the PC for that one game.

I don't care that he wants to play that game, but I'm always being asked to watch it when it does the card cascade thing, and basically, I'm not. It's going to prevent gaming together from being a core memory (goodness knows he needs some strong memories right now) Like it will be for myself. At the time I got into games, it was me and my sibling playing with my daughter, but we played games that we all enjoyed. Like I recently found a cracked copy of game we used to play on my Apple MAcintosh, SimCity. At that time, there were a lot of games that we could play together without it being forced. Because of how things are different, and what NPC oldies play (Yes, I feel my granddad is an NPC- but I'm not the only son), there isn't a crossover. Also, I'm not going to force any games, He'll play what they want. It sucks, I keep being asked to watch, but I'm not going to watch Solitaire, for more than 10 minutes, and he cannot play a real game for more than 5 minutes.

What do we do? Keep the status quo?

馃

Oddly similar

I'm sure most of what people said in that other thread applicable too. 馃槈

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

33 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Oddly similar

Both even called the other person an NPC, looks like a copy and paste聽

Literally is a copy and paste, just changed the details

Odd

4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

馃

Oddly similar

1 minute ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Both even called the other person an NPC feels like a copy and paste haha

Honestly, near identical

System specs:

CPU:聽Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage:聽2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List:聽https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

7 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

馃

Oddly similar

I'm sure most of what people say in that other thread applicable too. 馃槈

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx :聽AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma: i9聽9900K @5.1Ghz聽- Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti -聽Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 -聽G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB聽+ 2x 860 EVO 1TB聽(RAID0)聽- EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake聽Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 -聽G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -聽聽Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -聽聽Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX -聽G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti聽4GB聽- Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2聽- ASUS Prime AP201 -聽Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus:

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

-聽Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7聽7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

-聽MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

2 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Maybe, does seem weird

Just now, Dedayog said:

Idk buddy, I just reported it just in case, with "Just in case" as reason 馃ぃ

If it IS a legit question, like I've said, pretty sure most of what those people said in that other thread is applicable here as well.

Not that I know what this OP or that other OP means by "Real Game", regardless of what kinda games OP actually meant, one thing is sure : it's going to be harder to make a 90y old learn new game than a 9y old, especially if it's about some type of fast paced game.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I admire the analytical nature of the minds on this forum.

Looking for a technical answer to why my post appeared this way, I guess I've misjudged the audience when trying to make a joke!

4 minutes ago, whispous said:

Looking for a technical answer to why my post appeared this way, I guess I've misjudged the audience when trying to make a joke!

Please use your status updated for those or Off Topic. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv