Discord & Games Crash

Go to solution Solved by kat123kat,

turned off cpu boost and all related boosts and everything is fine now

I need some help with my computer (Windows 11). Discord, games (The Finals, Overwatch) crash instantly on launch or after a few minutes, and sometimes browser tabs crash but not often. I've found a workaround for Discord. It works fine in the Edge browser, but crashes on Firefox after some time, or the microphone disconnects.

Here's what I've tried so far: updated the motherboard BIOS to the newest version, ran Memtest86 (passed), restored BIOS to default settings, disabled XMP, fully uninstalled and reinstalled all crashing applications, fully uninstalled and reinstalled GPU drivers and audio drivers, updated Windows, also side note ran Furmark and Cinebench without system crashes. The system is not overheating, temps are fine. Internet is fine, plugged into ethernet.

Specs:

• Intel Core i9-14900K 3.2 GHz 24-Core Processor
  • Asus ROG STRIX B760-I GAMING WIFI Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6600 CL32 Memory (CMK64GX5M2B6600C32)
  • MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card.
  • Corsair SF1000L 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

I'm open to what you got

5 hours ago, kat123kat said:

I need some help with my computer (Windows 11). Discord, games (The Finals, Overwatch) crash instantly on launch or after a few minutes, and sometimes browser tabs crash but not often. I've found a workaround for Discord. It works fine in the Edge browser, but crashes on Firefox after some time, or the microphone disconnects.

Here's what I've tried so far: updated the motherboard BIOS to the newest version, ran Memtest86 (passed), restored BIOS to default settings, disabled XMP, fully uninstalled and reinstalled all crashing applications, fully uninstalled and reinstalled GPU drivers and audio drivers, updated Windows, also side note ran Furmark and Cinebench without system crashes. The system is not overheating, temps are fine. Internet is fine, plugged into ethernet.

Specs:

• Intel Core i9-14900K 3.2 GHz 24-Core Processor
  • Asus ROG STRIX B760-I GAMING WIFI Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6600 CL32 Memory (CMK64GX5M2B6600C32)
  • MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card.
  • Corsair SF1000L 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

I'm open to what you got

Are you running the discord software app,  not via a browser? Does it crash if you were already running the software app, and tried to use a browser?

Updated ethernet drivers?

As for the firefox browser, likely you have some kind of permissions that are set or running extensions. I assume latest version of firefox you are using.

11 hours ago, silencer12 said:

Are you running the discord software app,  not via a browser? Does it crash if you were already running the software app, and tried to use a browser?

Updated ethernet drivers?

As for the firefox browser, likely you have some kind of permissions that are set or running extensions. I assume latest version of firefox you are using.

The discord app is crashing after a few minutes or instantly. The work around so far is to use discord on edge and that has never crashed. Ethernet drivers are up to date. The issue is games crashing on start up or after a few minutes, but gpu stress test do no crash.