5800xd3 massive overheating issue- 114c??

My knowledge level is amature, just a forewarning.

Upgraded my 3600x to a 5800xd3 and experiencing some bad overheating issues. As soon as I load into windows, if I open AMD Adrenalin or Ryzen Master I can see my cpu temperature is pinned to 90c for 5min or so, then falls to 70c at ~11w. 

Motherboard is Aorus elite 570x with the latest bios. 

Ram is trident z 3200mgz

GPU is 5700xt

CPU cooler is Lian Li 240mm 

Troubleshooting I have tried

-Reseated the CPU cooler 2 more times, each time I cleaned the old paste off with an alcohol swab and reapplied paste in an "x." I confirmed my cooler pump is plugged in and set to run at 100% at all times.

-Tried changing the SOC voltage in my bios from "auto" to "1.004v" it did not make a difference so I put it back

-Finally, shortly after loading into windows I used PBO2 tuner to and set the curve to -10 on all cores. I had ryzen master opening at the same time and when it opened I seen my CPU temp was 114c. I panicked and turned off my computer. Hopefully this was an incorrect reading?

Any help would be appreciated, I am truly stuck. At this point I am scared to turn my computer on

there is something physically wrong with your cooler or mount.
you should apply some downwards force to the cooler, pushing it into the cpu/mobo. About the same amount of force you would use installing ram.
monitor the cpu temps and see if they significantly reduce.

if that does nothing, something is wrong with the pump probably.
you can also try plugging the pump directly into 12v source instead of a mobo header. Is it a PWM pump? it would have 4 wires instead of 3. maybe its running very low speed on the mobo and getting overwhelmed.

1 hour ago, OhYou_ said:

there is something physically wrong with your cooler or mount.
you should apply some downwards force to the cooler, pushing it into the cpu/mobo. About the same amount of force you would use installing ram.
monitor the cpu temps and see if they significantly reduce.

if that does nothing, something is wrong with the pump probably.
you can also try plugging the pump directly into 12v source instead of a mobo header. Is it a PWM pump? it would have 4 wires instead of 3. maybe its running very low speed on the mobo and getting overwhelmed.

so, I turned it back on and I heard alot of gurgling through the pump. I think the pump must have been airlocked. Seems to be running good now. Idle is around 35-40c, running single core benchmark in cinebench r32 I still hit 90c but I think thats pretty common? Now I'll probably play with those pbo settings to see if I can improve things a bit.

I know the AIO isnt installed optimally, but I had no other choice in my case. The entire issue really makes me want to get a new case lol, but it should be fine now I guess.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it

IMG20240310220337.jpg

yeah with the rad like that, if there was any air at all in the system, it could have been trapped at the pump, but once it works it will stay working because it isnt the highest point