Can't boot windows... Any ideas? I ran out of them...

I've got an Acer Aspire a315-g42-r5yr Laptop from a friend for basic maintenance. After cleaning everything, changing bios battery, i went to reinstall windows, i successfully booted the installer, installed windows, and then: no bootable device found. I've tried all over again, and again, then i started troubleshooting. I went trough every posibble setting in bios, least 3 times and if windows is installed, i get no bootable device error. But if ubuntu is installed, everything is working fine.

Any ideas why is this happening?

My guess is that it could be something to do with the filesystem (gpt/mbr), csm or secure boot.

13 hours ago, johnny1122 said:

I've got an Acer Aspire a315-g42-r5yr Laptop from a friend for basic maintenance. After cleaning everything, changing bios battery, i went to reinstall windows, i successfully booted the installer, installed windows, and then: no bootable device found. I've tried all over again, and again, then i started troubleshooting. I went trough every posibble setting in bios, least 3 times and if windows is installed, i get no bootable device error. But if ubuntu is installed, everything is working fine.

Any ideas why is this happening?

Try checking if the laptop is set in Legacy mode for drives if it is set it to UEFI and then reinstall windows again. 

I am not entirely shure what happened but it is working, after reinstalling from ubuntu to windows. The only thing i did other this time, is the image. i flashed wintoy to my usb because i was annoyed of having to reflash every time, so i just threw on a few iso images, installed windows and it works. It's still a mystery to me. Anyways, thank you for giving some ideas!