Does anybody have a Seagate One Touch and uses the password encryption?

King_PIN

Seagate CS is the most frustrating and useless experience I have ever had.  

I am done dealing with them.  

I bought a 4tb Seagate One Touch a couple months ago from BB because the price was great, it had encryption and I figured since it was so small I could mount it into my desktop computer.  

I installed Seagate Toolkit, setup a password and proceeded to transfer 3tb's of data from my Lacie drive to the One Touch. 

Problem is unless I physically open toolkit and lock the drive, the drive doesn't lock on reboot or after I have shut off my computer.  

Even if I eject the drive and reboot it's still unlocked.

This kinda makes the encryption useless.  
I'm used to my WD external drives that I've used in the past that will lock automatically on reboot or shut down.  

I'm hoping someone else has the same drive and can tell me if their drive acts the same as mine? 

I'd strongly recommend not using encryption tools like that. If you have Windows pro, you can use bitlocker which is far more well integrated.

5 hours ago, whispous said:

I'd strongly recommend not using encryption tools like that. If you have Windows pro, you can use bitlocker which is far more well integrated.

I've never had issues with any of the WD drives.  

I used bitlocker last year and it kept locking the drive in the middle of copying files or when doing other things.  I tried to find out why but was unsuccessful. 

edit:  I can't believe nobody here has this drive.  😞 

9 hours ago, King_PIN said:

I've never had issues with any of the WD drives.  

I used bitlocker last year and it kept locking the drive in the middle of copying files or when doing other things.  I tried to find out why but was unsuccessful. 

edit:  I can't believe nobody here has this drive.  😞 

Well, now you do have an issue.

And if that was happening, you have a faulty Windows installation.

9 hours ago, King_PIN said:

Veracrypt is cross platform, open source, and has had security audits. (Based off of Truecrypt)