GPU make Debian 12 stop at boot [I have fixed it, hope will help out others]

Go to solution Solved by OceanC,

I have fixed it. Pretty easy.

So the boot freezes on something like "[OK] Started GNOME Display Manager"
If that is the case go to the terminal (ctrl + alt + f3), log in as root, and install the Nvidia Driver at https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
The driver needs to be downloaded first. After installation say okay to all the things and reboot and you will have a working Debian.

73145999841__EF53B021-DF75-4A6F-BE59-60A613AB9456.MOV

My Debian 12 worked fine until I put in the 1050ti. 
I tried to take out the GPU and use CMOS jumper to reset the motherboard and I can get in the Debian using html on the motherboard. 

But when I put 1050ti back in and connected html on the GPU it just give me a black screen. Nothing but a black screen appears and only the cursor blinks on the top left of the screen

motherboard asrock a520m

cpu ryzen 5 4600g

gpu asus gtx 1050ti

I have fixed it. Pretty easy.

So the boot freezes on something like "[OK] Started GNOME Display Manager"
If that is the case go to the terminal (ctrl + alt + f3), log in as root, and install the Nvidia Driver at https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
The driver needs to be downloaded first. After installation say okay to all the things and reboot and you will have a working Debian.

Nvidia on Linux is a pain but once the driver is installed it works like a charm. Btw you should mark your post as a solution.

On 3/7/2024 at 12:35 AM, goatedpenguin said:

Nvidia on Linux is a pain but once the driver is installed it works like a charm. Btw you should mark your post as a solution.

I learn the lesson the hard way XD

It's worth noting that you can can install drivers "without purpose" with no ill effects in Linux - they will just sit there idle and unused until you plug in the hardware they were written for.