Inverted ATX Airflow? 🌡 My Toes are Cold 💨🥶

Go to solution Solved by PDifolco,
20 minutes ago, G4M1NGPCR0CKZ said:

Hey Forum,

I'm trying to plan out a Case-Swap into the Seasonic Syncro Q704 Inverted ATX Layout Case, I'm thinking of running 6x 140mm intake fans, 3x BeQuiet Silent Wing 4 Pro 140mm in the top blowing Downward onto my XFX Speedster Merc 319 Radeon RX 6950 XT, 3x Arctic P14 RGB in the front + mounting my 280mm BeQuiet Pure Loop AiO onto 2 of the Arctic fans for Push with another 2x BeQuiet Silent Wing 4 Pro 140mm fans in Pull configuration. For exhaust I have 1 more Arctic P14 RGB in the Rear towards the PSU shroud, and I'm going to be mounting the ATX Power Supply with the fan exhausting the inside of the case blowing out the rear, and a single Arctic P12 RGB 120mm fan exhausting Downward on top of the PSU shroud.

P.S. My Feet get cold easily and this will be located under my desk, also Seasonic graciously provides magnetic dust filters for the top and front of the Syncro Q704

Screenshot_20240303_182234_Samsung Notes.jpg

If it's under a desk a$$ to the wall you'd better also inverting the airflow !

Rear intake, Top intake with the rad (to not block air exhaust if put front), Bottom intake, and front exhaust 

That's my setup (with no bottom fans), my PC is pretty enclosed in a niche under my desk, and it works pretty well, maybe only 3C or so more than a standard airflow on a desk

I added dust filter rear and top to avoid dust buildup, as I also have 3 hairy cats ! 

Hey Forum,

I'm trying to plan out a Case-Swap into the Seasonic Syncro Q704 Inverted ATX Layout Case, I'm thinking of running 6x 140mm intake fans, 3x BeQuiet Silent Wing 4 Pro 140mm in the top blowing Downward onto my XFX Speedster Merc 319 Radeon RX 6950 XT, 3x Arctic P14 RGB in the front + mounting my 280mm BeQuiet Pure Loop AiO onto 2 of the Arctic fans for Push with another 2x BeQuiet Silent Wing 4 Pro 140mm fans in Pull configuration. For exhaust I have 1 more Arctic P14 RGB in the Rear towards the PSU shroud, and I'm going to be mounting the ATX Power Supply with the fan exhausting the inside of the case blowing out the rear, and a single Arctic P12 RGB 120mm fan exhausting Downward on top of the PSU shroud.

P.S. My Feet get cold easily and this will be located under my desk, also Seasonic graciously provides magnetic dust filters for the top and front of the Syncro Q704

It's pretty much no different from a normal ATX layout. Front and top as intakes are great and since the tops going to feed directly into the graphics card, should result in low temperatures that aren't too harshly affected by the front intakes after being heated from the CPU AIO (this is almost like a Lian Li Dynamic case but just upside down). The only thing I don't like is that fan exhausting directly down into the power supply (the one with red outline) as I feel this may generate some unwanted dust buildup and accumulation near the power supply. 

9 minutes ago, G4M1NGPCR0CKZ said:

this will be located under my desk

Hope there are no animals (dogs) with longer hair that sheds because it'll be a mess...especially carpet. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

12 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

It's pretty much no different from a normal ATX layout. Front and top as intakes are great and since the tops going to feed directly into the graphics card, should result in low temperatures that aren't too harshly affected by the front intakes after being heated from the CPU AIO (this is almost like a Lian Li Dynamic case but just upside down). The only thing I don't like is that fan exhausting directly down into the power supply (the one with red outline) as I feel this may generate some unwanted dust buildup and accumulation near the power supply. 

Hope there are no animals (dogs) with longer hair that sheds because it'll be a mess...especially carpet. 

I don't have any pets, and I'm on Hardwood floors, I also have a Robovac

20 minutes ago, G4M1NGPCR0CKZ said:

Hey Forum,

Rear intake, Top intake with the rad (to not block air exhaust if put front), Bottom intake, and front exhaust 

That's my setup (with no bottom fans), my PC is pretty enclosed in a niche under my desk, and it works pretty well, maybe only 3C or so more than a standard airflow on a desk

I added dust filter rear and top to avoid dust buildup, as I also have 3 hairy cats ! 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

18 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

How's  the performance w/ your 7900xtx? I personally have a 6950xt and I'm curious

10 hours ago, G4M1NGPCR0CKZ said:

How's  the performance w/ your 7900xtx? I personally have a 6950xt and I'm curious

It's kinda hot, esp. at 115PL, even with some undervolting, hotspot reaches 105C, but with  "only" 75C on the GPU

Yet I only ramp up fans  to 65% max  (2300rpm), they're too loud above that

Thing is it's not really a setup issue imo, as it only gains like +3 to +4C in extended usage (I mean hours of gaming),  it's  more of a card build issue with improper contact

Have to repaste it with TPM  but I'm lazy, so atm reduced PL to stock 100 ...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

11 hours ago, PDifolco said:

It's kinda hot, esp. at 115PL, even with some undervolting, hotspot reaches 105C, but with  "only" 75C on the GPU

Yet I only ramp up fans  to 65% max  (2300rpm), they're too loud above that

Thing is it's not really a setup issue imo, as it only gains like +3 to +4C in extended usage (I mean hours of gaming),  it's  more of a card build issue with improper contact

Have to repaste it with TPM  but I'm lazy, so atm reduced PL to stock 100 ...

Cool, thx. My 6950xt can get up to 84°C on the Hotspot in extended gaming, I think both Nvidia and AMD need to stop Power/Voltage limiting their cards, if they did that I'd totally go watercooled for Rock Solid 2750 or Higher MHZ.