Should have reverse order of comments on some threads.

Threads like LTT video suggestions should have their comments order backwards so that people can see the latest comments instead of hitting that last page button all the time when they want to see the latest suggestions.

But the more concerning question I have is that are the threads like LTT video suggestions even taken seriously (like practically)? Of course not everybody's suggestions are accepted but I find it hard to find any comment that was used.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

agree, but not only reverse sort, most reactions sort button would also be nice

Posted (edited)

Is there specific reason why you as member want to see most recent recommendations? I can guess liking them to give them more merit, but not really anything beyond that. LMGs video production takes 2 weeks to 3 months.

55 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

But the more concerning question I have is that are the threads like LTT video suggestions even taken seriously (like practically)? Of course not everybody's suggestions are accepted but I find it hard to find any comment that was used.

Yes. This has been shown both in videos and in WAN. Linus has stated that they have 900 line long list of video ideas. He has also said that most ideas that come from community are bad, impractical or boring. But at times, there are good ones. If the idea was solely from community, its gets shoutout in the video.

E: Also, the threads serve purpose. We have point to merge all those people who will make video suggestions. Regardless whether they get used or not.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

they monitor those threads. assume they will rarely make a video that is exactly a suggestion made there, but sometimes it takes a douzen people each individually asking for a review on some gadget only they care about to bring up the idea of doing a new handy tech under 100 episode.

every youtube channel that does regular uploads has at least one person whose job is at least in part "just comping up with enough ideas", the threads serve both as a "starting point" for ideas, and as a way to gauge what the community might be interested in.

4 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

I quickly browsed the last few pages of the suggestions thread, and maybe 90% of the suggestions was some variation of "I'm looking to buy this thing, do a review on this thing and other things like it" and completely impractical suggestions. people seem to have an unrealistic expectation of what LMG is and how much power and resources they actually have.

doesn't surprise me that they don't really use audience suggestions.