rgb on ram not detecting

Rubixxxx
Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
3 hours ago, Rubixxxx said:

ok, i'll look at that when i can. my pc is a bit out of order right now...aio oump is broken and i don't have any other cooler

That’s where I’d start. I use Signal also on my computer and my wife’s. I had to disable any programs that have any RGB software built in on start up. You can do that in task manager

signal rgb does not detect my ram when botting my pc on. it works when i restart signalrgb. it says that there is a conflicting process.

I know that RGB doesn't make my PC 10 times faster...but at least 2 times

i have to other rgb softwares. one for the mouse (for the dpi and buttons) and i have one for the rgb on my 7800xt

aah THAT ram,  that ram is very good.  and on THAT motherboard, omg what a combo 🙃🙃

take it away  rev  😛 

On 3/3/2024 at 11:37 PM, NorKris said:

aah THAT ram,  that ram is very good.  and on THAT motherboard, omg what a combo 🙃🙃

take it away  rev  😛 

what did i do wrong?

11 minutes ago, Rubixxxx said:

what did i do wrong?

lets say i want to "look up" ur ram...  but i cant cuz u didnt tell what it is

but now i  wanna look at ur motherb... and ups not even that is known too us

On 3/3/2024 at 11:37 PM, NorKris said:

take it away  rev  😛 

@RevGAM im disappointed 😞  we were such a good team 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

lets say i want to "look up" ur ram...  but i cant cuz u didnt tell what it is

but now i  wanna look at ur motherb... and ups not even that is known too us

If only they had a link to their specs on their profile…

Spoiler

IMG_1586.thumb.png.65af8716729d81e1fe2c50eff476e163.png

2 hours ago, Rubixxxx said:

what did i do wrong?

Actually nothing. 

On 3/3/2024 at 6:11 AM, Rubixxxx said:

signal rgb does not detect my ram when botting my pc on. it works when i restart signalrgb. it says that there is a conflicting process.

Make sure MSIs RGB program is closed in task manager as well as any other RGB program on your computer. ICue, GSkill etc. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

If only they had a link to their specs on their profile…

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1586.thumb.png.65af8716729d81e1fe2c50eff476e163.png

Actually nothing. 

Make sure MSIs RGB program is closed in task manager as well as any other RGB program on your computer. ICue, GSkill etc. 

ok, i'll look at that when i can. my pc is a bit out of order right now...aio oump is broken and i don't have any other cooler

4 hours ago, NorKris said:

Huh??? What'd I miss?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

12 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Huh??? What'd I miss?

i dunno 😛 

my point here was that ppl need to tell us what components they need help/advice with. 

It has been pointed out to me that OP has specs in the profile, there is a chance that the items in ppls profiles are outdated, or not even the pc they are trying to trouble shoot. 

6 hours ago, Rubixxxx said:

what did i do wrong?

Don't worry about it. Kris can be cryptic sometimes, and he's not a native English speaker. Or maybe it's the lack of sunlight. 🌥️ 😉

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

3 hours ago, Rubixxxx said:

That’s where I’d start. I use Signal also on my computer and my wife’s. I had to disable any programs that have any RGB software built in on start up. You can do that in task manager

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

18 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

well, i still need the software for my mouse hotkeys and my gpu, if i tell them to not start, then i don't have rgb on my gpu and no hotkeys on my mouse (as far as i know)

41 minutes ago, Rubixxxx said:

well, i still need the software for my mouse hotkeys and my gpu, if i tell them to not start, then i don't have rgb on my gpu and no hotkeys on my mouse (as far as i know)

What mouse? There's a very good chance it has a bit of onboard memory to remember your hotkeys. I know my wife's Glorious doesn't need the Glorious app open for hot keys and my Mountain doesn't need Base Camp open. The graphics card RGB should be able to be controlled through Signal as well.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 6:04 PM, IkeaGnome said:

What mouse? There's a very good chance it has a bit of onboard memory to remember your hotkeys. I know my wife's Glorious doesn't need the Glorious app open for hot keys and my Mountain doesn't need Base Camp open. The graphics card RGB should be able to be controlled through Signal as well.

ram workds now, signalrgb got adminrights and works on startup and mouse rgb is working too