How to remove certain text (same text) from multiple filenames?

lafrente
Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,
22 minutes ago, lafrente said:

I unfortunately got too used to using a stupid site to download music from YT. But when I do, this shitty site adds its name in front of every file I download through it.

Lets say I downloaded Song A, the downloaded file is named as "stupidsite.com - Song A.mp3"

I download song B, the filename is "stupidsite.com - Song B.mp3"

I want to remove "stupidsite.com" from all of the filenames. Is there a way to do this easily?  

Don't use stupidsite.com 😄

Use: yt-dlp instead.

The command you want is:

yt-dlp -f 'ba' -x --audio-format mp3 -o "%(channel)s - %(title)s.%(ext)s" "PUT_URL_HERE"

* This will select best audio and output it in mp3 format.  Remove channel name if you dont want that in the name.

If you really like using stupidsite.com instead and you are still loking for a way to rename (multiple files) at once:

(taking a wild guess - you are Windows user)

Microsoft PowerToys, specifically PowerRename utility.

I unfortunately got too used to using a stupid site to download music from YT. But when I do, this shitty site adds its name in front of every file I download through it.

Lets say I downloaded Song A, the downloaded file is named as "stupidsite.com - Song A.mp3"

I want to remove "stupidsite.com" from all of the filenames. Is there a way to do this easily?  

22 minutes ago, lafrente said:

The command you want is:

yt-dlp -f 'ba' -x --audio-format mp3 -o "%(channel)s - %(title)s.%(ext)s" "PUT_URL_HERE"

* This will select best audio and output it in mp3 format.  Remove channel name if you dont want that in the name.

If you really like using stupidsite.com instead and you are still loking for a way to rename (multiple files) at once:

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

12 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

The command you want is:

I use yt-dlp but it's too much of a hassle when downloading just a 3 minute song. The stupid site allows me to paste the link then download. Even if I manually rename it every time (probably what I should have done), it is faster.

PowerToys will be useful for the hundreds of files already downloaded, thanks. Getting it now.

You can also use Bulk Rename Utility. 

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch