Monitor having red and blue colour on edges??

Blazepoint5
Go to solution Solved by porina,

Try turning off text smoothing in Windows. It might be the display uses a different sub-pixel layout that conflicts with it.

Edit: this is an example of the text smoothing Windows does. I took a screenshot of text from this page and enlarged it. I don't notice the colours in normal use.

image.thumb.png.f816640888541cc454bae7d5baf7700a.png

My monitor is showing some red and blue effect thing, let me show you its not really visible in camera but i would zoom and show you.

Screenshot_20240229-192935_Gallery.thumb.png.6c01fa0e9a6a0506baf42727bd594e27.png

The thing is annoying, you cant really see it in games because i have played days gone and i dont see it ( it might not be visible enough because of how many colours is sown on screen in game), Btw i call it the TIKTOK effect.

On home windows it makes my eyes watery and jagged like i see crosses/rays something like glare effect, idk if you get what im saying. SmartSelect_20240229-194506_OperaMini.jpg.d6c29c5500af3be7835981b5a2a0dca2.jpg

Something like this, it might be hard to put into perspective but i thought it was somekind of future on the monitor and i checked to see if i can turn it off but no.

Idk the monitor name but its a dell monitor 1920×1200, 16:10.

I have have tested my pc on my tv and the thing dosent show.

Spoiler

Well that is most likely the monitors hardware failing...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

Try turning off text smoothing in Windows. It might be the display uses a different sub-pixel layout that conflicts with it.

Edit: this is an example of the text smoothing Windows does. I took a screenshot of text from this page and enlarged it. I don't notice the colours in normal use.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

If this is Windows text try the cleartype tool to adjust to the monitor's subpixel layout.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/adjust-cleartype-windows-10

If it's a program that's not using Windows' text rendering... Gonna just have to deal with it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, porina said:

Wow thanks bro

9 hours ago, Sanedish said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well that is most likely the monitors hardware failing...

The thing inly shows on Windows, when i on the monitor its nit showing.

1 hour ago, Blazepoint5 said:

The thing inly shows on Windows, when i on the monitor its nit showing.

Then it's maybe your wallpaper? Or is the Windows menu also having the effect?

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Does the monitor have any preset options? Gaming mode etc? 
If so try resetting the monitors settings in the build in menu. back in the day when playing with options in monitor menu's i had the same issue, Reseting the monitor back does help.

28 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

Then it's maybe your wallpaper? Or is the Windows menu also having the effect?

Its the menu have the effect.

10 minutes ago, Spreadking said:

Does the monitor have any preset options? Gaming mode etc? 
If so try resetting the monitors settings in the build in menu. back in the day when playing with options in monitor menu's i had the same issue, Reseting the monitor back does help.

Yes it does have presets like gaming, movie and all.

I did but it didn't do anything.

5 hours ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Its the menu have the effect.

Then it might be windows