Monitor Upgrade Recomendations?

FadeRemix

Hello everyone,

the monitor I'm using right now is a S2721HGF and I'm looking into upgrading to a monitor that includes the following:

HDR, 144hz or more, 27in or more, good color accuracy, 400 - 600 USD

I really don't know much about monitors but I mainly play games and do some editing on the side so I'm not sure if UHD or 4K is better for my application any help and recommendations would be great, Thank you!

First off, UHD and 4K are the same thing. Second, why do you want to upgrade? Other than HDR your monitor basically has all your requirements, and for good HDR your budget isn't enough.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

First off, UHD and 4K are the same thing. Second, why do you want to upgrade? Other than HDR your monitor basically has all your requirements, and for good HDR your budget isn't enough.

I thought 4k was a little more wide pixel wise thats my bad, Im wanting an upgrade due to hdr and wanting 4k. What would be a good budget for monitors in this range?

35 minutes ago, FadeRemix said:

I thought 4k was a little more wide pixel wise thats my bad, Im wanting an upgrade due to hdr and wanting 4k. What would be a good budget for monitors in this range?

It depends.

If you want to go all out, there are now 32" 4K 240Hz QD-OLED monitors. These are pretty much the best monitors you can get, but expect to pay around $1000 or a bit more.

If you want to save a bit, or are not comfortable running OLED monitors, then the Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 is a good choice. It's also 32" and 4K, but only 165Hz and it's a VA panel using local dimming backlight. The HDR won't be quite as detailed as on an OLED monitor, but on the other hand it will be brighter. That monitor can be had around $700.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

15 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

It depends.

If you want to go all out, there are now 32" 4K 240Hz QD-OLED monitors. These are pretty much the best monitors you can get, but expect to pay around $1000 or a bit more.

If you want to save a bit, or are not comfortable running OLED monitors, then the Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 is a good choice. It's also 32" and 4K, but only 165Hz and it's a VA panel using local dimming backlight. The HDR won't be quite as detailed as on an OLED monitor, but on the other hand it will be brighter. That monitor can be had around $700.

Thamk you for the help!

3 hours ago, FadeRemix said:

Thamk you for the help!

I'm happy to help. If you have more questions, just ask.