IPS vs VA Panel

Blasty Blosty
7 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

So stick to IPS for most scenarios?

Basically, yes.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

This brand came up pretty recently and seem to offer good specs for cheap, but I haven't seen any reviews from a reputable source like Monitors Unboxed or RTINGS.com. So I'm hesitant to recommend them, since monitor specs are widely "open for interpretation" until thoroughly reviewed by a 3rd party. For around £300 you can get good 27" 1440p >144Hz options from LG, Gigabyte and so on. The LG 27GP850-B is my typical recommendation around that price range.

KOORUI seems to be a monitor brand started in 2022. They come from an LCD manufacturer called HKC in China. And I never heard of HKC panels being used in gaming monitors before, so that's why I'm hesitant.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

This brand came up pretty recently and seem to offer good specs for cheap, but I haven't seen any reviews from a reputable source like Monitors Unboxed or RTINGS.com. So I'm hesitant to recommend them, since monitor specs are widely "open for interpretation" until thoroughly reviewed by a 3rd party. For around £300 you can get good 27" 1440p >144Hz options from LG, Gigabyte and so on. The LG 27GP850-B is my typical recommendation around that price range.

KOORUI seems to be a monitor brand started in 2022. They come from an LCD manufacturer called HKC in China. And I never heard of HKC panels being used in gaming monitors before, so that's why I'm hesitant.

Currently have a 1080p 144hz, and upgrading my gpu soon. Was torn between a 1440p monitor (for casual games) and a 240hz (for when I play esports/shooters), so I thought it would make more sense just go get both in one lol

If a reputable, solid 1440 240 monitor is any more than 400 I will just stick with 1440 144, my budget doesnt stretch much higher than that monitor I sent, which is why I was eager to see if it was any good

Apprentice Software Developer

16 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Currently have a 1080p 144hz, and upgrading my gpu soon. Was torn between a 1440p monitor (for casual games) and a 240hz (for when I play esports/shooters), so I thought it would make more sense just go get both in one lol

If a reputable, solid 1440 240 monitor is any more than 400 I will just stick with 1440 144, my budget doesnt stretch much higher than that monitor I sent, which is why I was eager to see if it was any good

180Hz is still plenty fast to play fast paced shooters. Higher is better, but there are diminishing returns. It seems that 1440p 240Hz monitors from more reputable brands still sit around £400.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

180Hz is still plenty fast to play fast paced shooters. Higher is better, but there are diminishing returns. It seems that 1440p 240Hz monitors from more reputable brands still sit around £400.

I could stretch that far on budget if I really needed to, I will probably visit a computer store to try and see how much better 240hz is for me

Apprentice Software Developer