Bluetooth stopped working after changing card and drivers

Go to solution Solved by Brayan2063,

At some point I realised that, I could pair to the devices I was already paired to,

which made those devices work.

So my problem is fixed now.

Even though it says I'm already paired, I have to pair again, that's it.

Hi, I've been using a WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3 PCIe card for a few years, but now I got a new motherboard, which has WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 onboard.

So I simply removed my old WiFi card.

I proceeded to install all the drivers the motherboard prompted me to (including Intel WiFi and Bluetooth), then updated the Bluetooth drivers again using the Windows updater.

Now, I can't connect to any devices I have already been paired to and I can't remove those devices from the paired list. (It says an error occured while trying to remove the device or something like that.)

When I serch for new devices to pair with, it shows me available devices but I don't own them so I won't try connecting to them.

All devices I own are paired already.

That is a problem, because it means I can't use any of my Bluetooth devices right now.

I'm almost certain this is a driver issue, but I don't really know what to do about it.

Can you help me?

Try to reinstall the drivers from the software that the motherboard or cpu installed. I know that when I bought my b550 wifi board, I got some software that allowed me to install, modify and show status on all the drives and software that the board and cpu installed.

57 minutes ago, Brayan2063 said:

Hi, I've been using a WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3 PCIe card for a few years, but now I got a new motherboard, which has WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 onboard.

I proceeded to install all the drivers the motherboard prompted me to (including Intel WiFi and Bluetooth), then updated the Bluetooth drivers again using the Windows updater.

Now, I can't connect to any devices I have already been paired to and I can't remove those devices from the paired list. (It says an error occured while trying to remove the device or something like that.)

When I serch for new devices to pair with, it shows me available devices but I don't own them so I won't try connecting to them.

That is a problem, because it means I can't use any of my Bluetooth devices right now.

I'm almost certain this is a driver issue, but I don't really know what to do about it.

Can you help me?

Go to device manager and uninstall bluetooth and wifi card, right click. After uninstalling, restart PC:

image.png.1946e46f865d92d97a91da37ee2487ed.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

59 minutes ago, Brayan2063 said:

Can you help me?

image.png.ddafd00fe1c1e7ecad7dc36aa6ec3ab8.png

Go to the device manager and see if you can just nuke it from there. Like just remove everything and reinstall the bluetooth.

install chipset drivers first.. then it will detect your bluetooth. 

15 hours ago, Kisai said:

image.png.ddafd00fe1c1e7ecad7dc36aa6ec3ab8.png

Go to the device manager and see if you can just nuke it from there. Like just remove everything and reinstall the bluetooth.

Thanks. Sounds logical. I'll try it out.

Make sure the Bluetooth services are also running. Windows has a nasty habit of shutting them off when you are doing things like uninstalling/installing/updating BT drivers. I've seen it quite a few times over my years. Might not be the issue in your case, but if the Bluetooth Support Service is off (which controls pairing) it won't let you nuke devices you've previously paired (it should, but Windows is Windows and sometimes does dumb things).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Sorry I took so long, I had work and stuff to deal with.

I deleted everything Bluetooth and WiFi related, I restarted my computer and now it's all back.
I can still not remove any paired devices and still not connect to them.
It's like every time I restart the PC, those drivers reinstall themselves and it just doesn't work.

This looks like I should just backup some files, clean my SSD and then resintall Windows and all my softwares and games.
But, I became lazy and even though I've done it countless times, I kinda don't want to do it again.

2TBs of stuff to backup, delete or reinstall.

10 minutes ago, Brayan2063 said:

2TBs of stuff to backup, delete or reinstall.

Go to device manager and uninstall (and mark remove driver) on all bluetooth related. restart PC and bluetooth driver will automatically be installed

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Go to device manager and uninstall (and mark remove driver) on all bluetooth related. restart PC and bluetooth driver will automatically be installed

Exactly, that's what happened and the problem percists.

Devices

image.png.8710c216ebc66232071c4d12ca9d35ee.png

No Devices

image.png.8bcb0b9fd34a78a6d1a447547c667ba1.png

PC Restart

Devices back

But Bluetooth doesn't work

So I update those drivers

And Bluetooth still doesn't work

That's the situation I'm in, just to make it very clear.

18 minutes ago, Brayan2063 said:

Devices

No Devices

image.png.8bcb0b9fd34a78a6d1a447547c667ba1.png

PC Restart

Devices back

But Bluetooth doesn't work

So I update those drivers

And Bluetooth still doesn't work

That's the situation I'm in, just to make it very clear.

Last thing to try. Disable automatic driver installation:

Press Win+E to open the File Explorer
Right-click on ‘This PC’ and go to Properties
Click on Advanced System Settings and select the Hardware tab
Click on Device Installation Settings
Select ‘No, let me choose what to do’
Check the option ‘Never install driver software from Windows Update’ and press ‘Save Changes‘ and then OK

Uninstall and mark remove driver (not only remove), like this:

How to Uninstall Nvidia Drivers Windows 10?

Restart. install driver manually

FS in Denmark/EU:

• 3 weeks later...

At some point I realised that, I could pair to the devices I was already paired to,

which made those devices work.

So my problem is fixed now.

Even though it says I'm already paired, I have to pair again, that's it.