UPS! What to look for

Nolanl83

What should I be looking for in a UPS;

Been told to look for some sort of Auto voltage regulation as well as true sine wave rather than simulated. I'd like recommendations, but this is the unit I was looking at. 

https://www.costco.com/cyberpower-1500va--900-watts-true-sine-wave-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups.product.4000091462.html

any other alternatives or draw backs in this price range.

its for a relatively hefty rig all things considered. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kYqnFs

Solid choice. I own a similar model, the CP1500PFCLCD

Gives me roughly 40 minutes (of idle time at the desktop) powering an LG C2 and 7800x3D/4090 system. Plenty of time to shut it down in the event of power loss. 

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Solid choice. I own a similar model, the CP1500PFCLCD

Gives me roughly 40 minutes (of idle time at the desktop) powering an LG C2 and 7800x3D/4090 system. Plenty of time to shut it down in the event of power loss. 

My biggest issue is bad wall power causing my system to shut off. Tested EVERY component only to figure out it was bad wall power. Wasnt an issue until the last 1-2 months. Replaced the PSU Thinking the unit I had degraded and transient spikes were screwing me. unfortunately my entire apt( the majority of wall outlets ) are on a singular circuit

5 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

My biggest issue is bad wall power causing my system to shut off

then you will want a UPS that is the Double Conversion (Online) type.
there are multiple types of ups and of them this is the best but most expensive type

7 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

then you will want a UPS that is the Double Conversion (Online) type.
there are multiple types of ups and of them this is the best but most expensive type

Any recommendations?

2 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

Any recommendations. 

not any I can speak of in confidence. the one I have is a SolaHD which was bought by emerson which was bought by Liebert.
I guess I could recommend them but its 900usd for an appropriately sized model. 

perhaps its worth confirming your issues with real numbers first, theres a few ways to test.
probably the laziest and most cost effective way is to get a 15-20w incandescent lamp and plug it into the same circuit as your pc. it will provide very accurate and immediate indication of voltage spikes or dips because the light will literally change brightness.