Pc freezing on bios and startup (sometimes?)

Go to solution Solved by Axtasium,

So after a long technical support call with asus, we concluded the issue is a faulty motherboard so yay I guess lol. Anyways thanks for the help/recommendations.

I replaced the motherboard, cpu and memory recently as I upgraded, but I've been having all sorts of issues at complete random and I have no idea what the culprit is.

To start, sometimes the pc boots with zero issues. No freezing, no bsod, no nothing. But then randomly, it'll do this (images attached). It freezes on booting, it'll glitch the bios completely out. And the bios will freeze up, and the pc with put out an A9 error on the board. I'll also hear the 1 long beep and 3 short beeps (at least i think that's what it is unless it's the gpu fans being squeaky? Sounds like its coming from the gpu.) But I just replaced the memory and it's the same issue on both kits, so it can't be that. I also have integrated graphics so is it possible the dedicated gpu would cause a freeze even with Integrated graphics? I have seen a few nvlddmkm errors in windows while playing games, so maybe it could be a gpu issue?

I just bought a new motherboard, memory, and cpu so those are returnable if they are the issue. I think it could be the gpu but I don't know with the bios being wacky. I do have the latest bios version and drivers as well.

I honestly have no idea anymore so if anyone has any ideas that would be helpful.

Specs

Windows 11

Ryzen 7900x3d

ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI (bios 1905)

Zotac 3080 Trinity oc 10gb lhr

850w gold psu

2 2tb nvme ssds (sabrent and samsung)

Kraken X73 aio 360mm

20240226_112411.jpg

20240226_112313.jpg

20240226_112042.jpg

20240226_111954.jpg

image.png.605cb398837af9a3025cb10e59827a31.png

Looks like there is a problem with your GPU. 
Definitely reseat it and double check both ends of the power cables.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

A google of the AMI Bios codes says it is a video memory error.

Are you using a riser?

Have you manually set the PCI-E gen on the primary motherboard slot?

15 minutes ago, OddOod said:

image.png.605cb398837af9a3025cb10e59827a31.png

Looks like there is a problem with your GPU. 
Definitely reseat it and double check both ends of the power cables.

Okay so it is what i thought. I've had to RMA my gpu twice so hoping it isn't that again. i'll give that a shot real quick.

I just pulled out the gpu and I'm trying just to get it to post on integrated and now it's not posting at all and I'm very confused. I just cleared the cmos and it didn't help. Any idea what it could be? Motherboard does memory training (15) then gets stuck on 14.

20240226_131450.jpg

45 minutes ago, Axtasium said:

I just pulled out the gpu and I'm trying just to get it to post on integrated and now it's not posting at all and I'm very confused. I just cleared the cmos and it didn't help. Any idea what it could be? Motherboard does memory training (15) then gets stuck on 14.

20240226_131450.jpg

To update, just reflashed the bios and it has now posted. Appears I was having bios issues as well. Don't know if that also includes causing the other various issues or not yet.

So after a long technical support call with asus, we concluded the issue is a faulty motherboard so yay I guess lol. Anyways thanks for the help/recommendations.

Really sorry that happened, I loathe mobo swaps. 
hope this resolves your issue long term

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup