worth the upgrade to Am5?

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3RMYt7

7600 + 6800xt + 32gb 6000c30

youll want a mix of new and used parts if you dont want your build to perform like trash and/or have limited upgradability at this budget

upgraded board, even if its an hdv this ones ridicolously overbuilt with 14 usba + 2 usbc total when rear + internal i/o (headers) is combined, vrms thatll handle an overclocked 7950x, and ddr5 10000+ capability (likely higher given a better imc but current record is at 10800) so yeah this board wont need to be replaced any time soon

added a cooler cause the stock wraith stealth is dogshit, extra 16£ gets you a phantom spirit 120 se which i would reccomend if you have budget leftover so you wont ever need to upgrade the cooler in the future

32gb is minimum for ddr5 cause 16gb kits are 1rx16 half rank which will ruin performance

cut cost on ssd cause samsung ssds are overpriced asf

used 6800xt for ~300£ cause buying new last gen is stupid due to how cheap used cards are

buy a used case cause 50-60£ spent on something that doesnt contribute to performance is stupid at this budget, you can even get em for free if someones just throwing a case out

used rm850x or equivalent for 40-60£ cause the cheapest new unit thats worth buying is the ud1000gm at 115£ with a 10 year warranty, no worthwhile 850w units cause the cheapest one with a 10 year warranty is only 5£ less

Budget (£800-850): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming

I was wondering whether its worth it to go to am5 for about £40 more and a worse GPU?

Here are the builds feel free to comment on them and make suggestions:

am4

image.thumb.png.4ad669751669f70a7b130c052fc18616.png

am5

image.thumb.png.e20d3529e69fcd04b45d8bafac99748e.png

Considering the difference between these cards is just 30 lib... You should probably just suck it up and pay that 70 total extra and go with AM5.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3RMYt7

7600 + 6800xt + 32gb 6000c30

youll want a mix of new and used parts if you dont want your build to perform like trash and/or have limited upgradability at this budget

upgraded board, even if its an hdv this ones ridicolously overbuilt with 14 usba + 2 usbc total when rear + internal i/o (headers) is combined, vrms thatll handle an overclocked 7950x, and ddr5 10000+ capability (likely higher given a better imc but current record is at 10800) so yeah this board wont need to be replaced any time soon

added a cooler cause the stock wraith stealth is dogshit, extra 16£ gets you a phantom spirit 120 se which i would reccomend if you have budget leftover so you wont ever need to upgrade the cooler in the future

32gb is minimum for ddr5 cause 16gb kits are 1rx16 half rank which will ruin performance

cut cost on ssd cause samsung ssds are overpriced asf

used 6800xt for ~300£ cause buying new last gen is stupid due to how cheap used cards are

buy a used case cause 50-60£ spent on something that doesnt contribute to performance is stupid at this budget, you can even get em for free if someones just throwing a case out

used rm850x or equivalent for 40-60£ cause the cheapest new unit thats worth buying is the ud1000gm at 115£ with a 10 year warranty, no worthwhile 850w units cause the cheapest one with a 10 year warranty is only 5£ less