Where is piezoelectric cooling?

Gat Pelsinger

I don't know or care how it works. LTT made a video on it. It seemed win win. Why is it not in laptops yet?

No seriously, why isn't it in laptops yet? Wasn't the modded laptop LTT made with piezoelectric cooling was just plainly better than air cooling?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Probably because the piezoelectric stuff you saw on LTT and other places can only handle a few watts ... not 20-35w TDP processors, or more. It's also expensive and potentially sensitive to mechanic shocks and has other negatives.

There's also other cooling solutions, like that new frore airjet or whatever is called, which also cools without moving parts.

Generally it looks like (as of right no way too expensive and inefficient when compared to regular fans. Unfortunately.

A lot of stuff that sounds cool or works great under lab conditions never makes it to market because it either isn't economically viable or doesn't actually work all that great in real world conditions

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Like @mariushm mentioned, you should look at Frore's products. Zotac is using the AIrJet in their smallest PC. They currently have 3 products (Mini, Mini Slim and Pro), and a developer's kit (SnowGoose) for companies that want to explore how to use the AirJet in their products. The AirJet Pro is their strongest one, with static pressure of 178.451 mmAq (1750 Pa), .42 CFM airflow, 24 dBA, and max power consumption of 10.75W to cool 10.5 Watts of heat. This is good for applications where there is very little space and you don't want a lot of space. It will be interesting to see if they can scale up the tech to handle modern CPUs and GPUs in desktop and server applications. One thing I don't know is the lifespan of these devices, and they seem to be keeping the price a closely guarded secret, too, since it's not available openly.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂