Test Bench used as main PC Housing.

Go to solution Solved by LawrenceBarnes2013,

check my sig, i use a test bench for like a year and half now, it's totally cool, it provides much better cooling to your hardware with 100% fresh air, and as you said, it looks stunning specially if you gave a sexy Graphics card with a hardcore air cooler cooler

I am was wondering what are some pros and cons of using a test bench as the main housing for my pc. I move around a lot and i think it would just look cool. I want to know if anything bad will come of this and if it's an ok thing to do. Any input would be very appreciated. 

Thanks.

check my sig, i use a test bench for like a year and half now, it's totally cool, it provides much better cooling to your hardware with 100% fresh air, and as you said, it looks stunning specially if you gave a sexy Graphics card with a hardcore air cooler cooler

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

My LAN rig is on a test bench

IMG_20140402_154431723.jpg

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Do you have any pictures?

How is the dust build-up and noise levels?

Do you have any pictures?

How is the dust build-up and noise levels?

that's a prob i'm having since i joined LTT, the Forum doesn't allow me to upload Pics from my PC, i've been trying to reach the moderating team since evr to solve this but no one seem to have a solution to this

-in answer to your question, i don't let dust built up a chance to even get going, i give the bench a hair driyer flush every morning, and noise depends on your hardware, like i have a drak rock 2 CPU cooler and porpeler blade fans on my Crad, and considering that when i game i ramp up all fans to 90~100% it's not that noisy, plus i'm not that much of a silent frek so .

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

that's a prob i'm having since i joined LTT, the Forum doesn't allow me to upload Pics from my PC, 

just upload them to imgur and insert them using the "image" button in the editor. 

just upload them to imgur and insert them using the "image" button in the editor. 

but i have to go through all tha BS of creating a new acount since i don't already have one

but i have to go through all tha BS of creating a new acount since i don't already have one

nope, just go to imgur.com, click upload from computer, select images, click upload, done. No account needed.

nope, just go to imgur.com, click upload from computer, select images, click upload, done. No account needed.

OK thanks

Holy crap. This guy's got a cooler for his cooler.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

My LAN rig is on a test bench

IMG_20140402_154431723.jpg

I've always wanted to see what your LAN rig looked like. My life is complete.

It's really amazing what you can do with a few spare parts lying around.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I've always wanted to see what your LAN rig looked like. My life is complete.

It's really amazing what you can do with a few spare parts lying around.

Yeah it looks a little different now. The picture is from a month ago when I had the Pentium D on it with a 770 and a stock cooler :P

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]