How environmentally friendly is the LTT merch?

kasdashd
6 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

That's cool - No prob with it.

Just bear in mind if asking questions, expect some to come your way as well.

Fair enough, ready for any question.

6 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

You're talking about a perfect world, I live in a realistic world and mindset, where you have to lose a battle to win a war sometimes...

You think it's realistic to try to change the world on a message forum?  What tangible results have you got from this work you are doing?

I went outside this morning and picked up a bag of garbage in the local park.  That is real. 

1 minute ago, kasdashd said:

You have avoided a few of mine.

2 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

I test dozens of mobile apps and games daily, to make sure they work well, so mobile devices with efficient ARM become more attractive than power hungry x86 chips and big GPU's.

I've also written 100's of mails of feedback to our public transit companies, and quite a few things have been changed thanks to my suggestions.

I could mention much more, but don't have the time to, and don't care about co2 emissions, only air and noise pollution, cause with 1200 metric tons of co2 being emitted every second, all countries combined, we'll necer fix climate change.

Why don't you get a job planting trees?  Mobile phone users tend to rely on the cloud which uses lots of data centres, and that has a massive impact on climate. 

Haven't you considered how YOU are contributing to the problem?  You are enabling people to continue using more devices and cloud services which have impacts on the planet.  

Perhaps if less people were reliant on mobile devices there could be a positive impact on the planet.  And mobile games?  What a frivolous waste of resources and time that could be directed to saving the planet. 

Why only air and noise pollution?  Don't you care about soil or water? 

What suggestions to public transit have you made that they have changed thanks to you?  Would the same suggestions apply to LMG?

1 hour ago, kasdashd said:

I test dozens of mobile apps and games daily, to make sure they work well, so mobile devices with efficient ARM become more attractive than power hungry x86 chips and big GPU's.

Good job. You answered one of two questions. As pointed out, "efficient ARM" is still going to require extensive hardware farther up the pipeline.

Hardware that uses a lot of gold.

The extraction of which is horrible for the environment. 

I always find it funny when you get these "We need to be better for the environment!!!" people. People who preach minimizing impact, but do so in a very unsustainable way. 

52 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

It's easier to be ignorant. The mountain that we mine in is interesting. Rock comes out. Ore gets shipped over seas to be turned into bars to be turned into their electronics. Waste rock gets ground down, mixed with cement and then pumped back into holes it came from and ore came from. Garbage gets mixed in. Old equipment gets mixed in. Oils and carbons totally don't get mixed in(/s). We are turning a mountain from rock into garbage and cement. 

But it doesn't matter. OP still feels good about what they're doing using that gold. 

I could mention much more, but don't have the time to, and don't care about co2 emissions, only air and noise pollution, cause with 1200 metric tons of co2 being emitted every second, all countries combined, we'll necer fix climate change.

Ironically, working underground, NOx and CO are two of the biggest things we think about. Tier 4 final, tier 5 engines all require less ventilation compared to horsepower than older engines. When I hired on almost 11 years ago we were looking at 1 horsepower per 100 CFM of air. It's now closer to 1 HP/60 CFM. This allows more equipment and more people since we only require ~6 CFM per person. More equipment. More fuel. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, ToboRobot said:

You think it's realistic to try to change the world on a message forum?  What tangible results have you got from this work you are doing?

I went outside this morning and picked up a bag of garbage in the local park.  That is real. 

I just sent 5+ pictures and locations of trash in my county, to the county administration, and I'll keep mailing them, if they take too long to remove it, which I already have. But I've posted many things on here, only this one being about the environment. And it's one of dozens of other things I do each day that helps others, the environment is just one of those things.

Cause they're stupid and irrelevant, and you want me, a single out of 8+ billion people, to justify my actions, or lack of, that's stupid and a waste of time. 

I'll go right to the point here.

If you are asking questions but not answering the same when asked of you, that makes your own arguement(s) lose "Legitamacy".
That's what it takes to establish your own viewpoints as being "Legitimate" or in other words for them having some substance to back them up. Whether it's statements, questions or whatever, if there is nothing presented of substance to back it up from you, it has no value period.

So:
As said, expect questions to be asked because it's gonna happen, that's how conversations work anyway but to have one asking all the questions but giving none of the answers in return only makes it a "One Sided" conversation, which has little to no value at all to any end in mind about it.

I do have a few myself but I'm gonna wait and see if they are relevant to the current conversation before asking.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Why don't you get a job planting trees?  Mobile phone users tend to rely on the cloud which uses lots of data centres, and that has a massive impact on climate. 

Haven't you considered how YOU are contributing to the problem?  You are enabling people to continue using more devices and cloud services which have impacts on the planet.  

Perhaps if less people were reliant on mobile devices there could be a positive impact on the planet.  And mobile games?  What a frivolous waste of resources and time that could be directed to saving the planet. 

What suggestions to public transit have you made that they have changed thanks to you?  Would the same suggestions apply to LMG?

Again, you aren't being realistic. Most people don't wanna change their habits or consume less, why we must consume smarter, ARM devices instead of power hungry desktop PC's for instance, humans aren't designed to restrict themselves. Please read some psycology, and you'll understand. 

7 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Good job. You answered one of two questions. As pointed out, "efficient ARM" is still going to require extensive hardware farther up the pipeline.

Hardware that uses a lot of gold.

The extraction of which is horrible for the environment. 

I always find it funny when you get these "We need to be better for the environment!!!" people. People who preach minimizing impact, but do so in a very unsustainable way. 

It's easier to be ignorant. The mountain that we mine in is interesting. Rock comes out. Ore gets shipped over seas to be turned into bars to be turned into their electronics. Waste rock gets ground down, mixed with cement and then pumped back into holes it came from and ore came from. Garbage gets mixed in. Old equipment gets mixed in. Oils and carbons totally don't get mixed in(/s). We are turning a mountain from rock into garbage and cement. 

But it doesn't matter. OP still feels good about what they're doing using that gold. 

Ironically, working underground, NOx and CO are two of the biggest things we think about. Tier 4 final, tier 5 engines all require less ventilation compared to horsepower than older engines. When I hired on almost 11 years ago we were looking at 1 horsepower per 100 CFM of air. It's now closer to 1 HP/60 CFM. This allows more equipment and more people since we only require ~6 CFM per person. More equipment. More fuel. 

So we just gotta become primitive cavemen again, abandon all technology, and stare into a wall for the rest of our lives?

3 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I'll go right to the point here.

If you are asking questions but not answering the same when asked of you, that makes your own arguement(s) lose "Legitamacy".
That's what it takes to establish your own viewpoints as being "Legitimate" or in other words for them having some substance to back them up. Whether it's statements, questions or whatever, if there is nothing presented of substance to back it up from you, it has no value period.

So:
As said, expect questions to be asked because it's gonna happen, that's how conversations work anyway but to have one asking all the questions but giving none of the answers in return only makes it a "One Sided" conversation, which has little to no value at all to any end in mind about it.

I do have a few myself but I'm gonna wait and see if they are relevant to the current conversation before asking.

That's why I focus on stuff that has nothing to do with convincing people are my viewpoints, like technology, machines, all the stuff that makes people spend more time entertaining themselves, instead of wasting time on other people, who just negatively impact their mood, this happens more than you think.

12 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

and I'll keep mailing them, if they take too long to remove it, which I already have.

Why not do something about it yourself? You're already there. Instead, let's send mail and email and use the CO2 emissions for someone else to drive out there. 

8 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

So we just gotta become primitive cavemen again, abandon all technology, and stare into a wall for the rest of our lives?

Ah see, I never said that. I asked; 

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

How many electronic devices do you have?

You can still be on the internet, on phones and on computers while minimizing your personal impact. 

Using AI servers to create covers of songs is hardly minimizing your own footprint.

Running BOINC and F@H, I am curious what type of power you're on. 

Suggesting people get graphics cards that give a "Wow factor" and not based on energy consumption is also pretty interesting.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

16 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Again, you aren't being realistic. Most people don't wanna change their habits or consume less, why we must consume smarter, ARM devices instead of power hungry desktop PC's for instance, humans aren't designed to restrict themselves. Please read some psycology, and you'll understand. 

Are you?

17 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

What psychology would you recommend I start to learn in order to be as smart and informed as you are?  Any particular schools of thought, writers or textbooks you can recommend?

21 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Cause they're stupid and irrelevant, and you want me, a single out of 8+ billion people, to justify my actions, or lack of, that's stupid and a waste of time. 

Why do you get to decide they are stupid and irrelevant?  How can I get the power to declare others ideas and questions stupid?  Is there as a school you can recommend?  Or is it an online test and certificate type thing?

Why should LMG out of millions of companies around the world justify their actions to a single person?  Who isn't a customer, and has no intention to be one!

Isn't that a stupid waste of time?

In your business, do you spend time on people who will never remit you any profit, and look only to increase your costs?  What type of person would that be for your business and life?

40 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Why not do something about it yourself? You're already there. Instead, let's send mail and email and use the CO2 emissions for someone else to drive out there. 

Ah see, I never said that. I asked; 

You can still be on the internet, on phones and on computers while minimizing your personal impact. 

Using AI servers to create covers of songs is hardly minimizing your own footprint.

Running BOINC and F@H, I am curious what type of power you're on. 

Suggesting people get graphics cards that give a "Wow factor" and not based on energy consumption is also pretty interesting.

Because some of the trash is difficult and not that safe to get to, and might not be healthy to handle, why professionals should do it. And it’s creating a habit of the county collecting the tash in nature systematically, creating a long term change, which also increases people’s faith in the public system. Always try and solve multiple problems at once.

39 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Are you?

No, cause I love technology and the modern world, and just think we gotta do it smarter, cause it’s possible.

38 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

What psychology would you recommend I start to learn in order to be as smart and informed as you are?  Any particular schools of thought, writers or textbooks you can recommend?

Studying the pyramid of needs in depth for instance. When climate change starts affecting a majority of mankinds basic needsm then they’ll start caring, not a second sooner.

37 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Why do you get to decide they are stupid and irrelevant?  How can I get the power to declare others ideas and questions stupid?  Is there as a school you can recommend?  Or is it an online test and certificate type thing?

Why should LMG out of millions of companies around the world justify their actions to a single person?  Who isn't a customer, and has no intention to be one!

Isn't that a stupid waste of time?

In your business, do you spend time on people who will never remit you any profit, and look only to increase your costs?  What type of person would that be for your business and life?

I eon’t have to buy a product to have an opinion on the production of it. I have no knowledge of the production, why I originally asked to gain knowledge about it. If the production is very green, nice, if it’s not, they can learn from their customers and improve their production, simple.

1 minute ago, kasdashd said:

Studying the pyramid of needs in depth for instance. When climate change starts affecting a majority of mankinds basic needsm then they’ll start caring, not a second sooner.

Don't you think that Maslow would agree that you need to abandon the material technology of self-actualization to transcend to humans ultimate form being completely in tune with nature and forgoing cities and phones and living with and in nature?

2 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

I eon’t have to buy a product to have an opinion on the production of it. I have no knowledge of the production, why I originally asked to gain knowledge about it. If the production is very green, nice, if it’s not, they can learn from their customers and improve their production, simple.

Why don't you do some research and verify that information you gather?  Order their products from lttstore.com and test them out.  Don't just believe their fans on a forum.  You need to test it yourself.  And it will make you more credible. 

Imagine going into Starbucks and saying "I've never had your coffee, but it's crap and I will tell you how to improve it."  Maybe being a customer would be a good idea.

8 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

No, cause I love technology and the modern world, and just think we gotta do it smarter, cause it’s possible.

I love technology too, that doesn't mean I am realistic about everything.

Have you considered pointing your focus at yourself?  Rather than focusing on telling other people to be better, why not self improve?  Are you perfect?

20 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Don't you think that Maslow would agree that you need to abandon the material technology of self-actualization to transcend to humans ultimate form being completely in tune with nature and forgoing cities and phones and living with and in nature?

Yes, but people are so addicted to technology, that they need to experience their badic needs being in danger, critical survival cause of climate change, before they will once again appreciate the ways of nature, why accelerating climate change is also a solution, not for the planet, but for people to experience change sooner.

18 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Why don't you do some research and verify that information you gather?  Order their products from lttstore.com and test them out.  Don't just believe their fans on a forum.  You need to test it yourself.  And it will make you more credible. 

Imagine going into Starbucks and saying "I've never had your coffee, but it's crap and I will tell you how to improve it."  Maybe being a customer would be a good idea.

I’ll let the LTT people do that, cause there’s enough free products and services I can test, before paying any money, that’s what I’m doing with software, apps, games, websites, and so on, testing them, sending feedback to the developers.

18 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

I love technology too, that doesn't mean I am realistic about everything.

Have you considered pointing your focus at yourself?  Rather than focusing on telling other people to be better, why not self improve?  Are you perfect?

No, but only me improving changes nothing, since we are 8+ billion people now, and my morals and ethics don’t have to be pure for me to tell others in a constructive way how to make them achieve the same thing, I simply have to understand the concepts, not necessarily follow them in my own life, cause they’re usually not worth it, compared to the time I could use sharing this info with others.