RGB Fans no longer functional

About a year ago from today i built my own pc with specs that are listed below. Well ive never had any issues with the build up until a week or two ago when the RGB fans on the case stopped working. To be clear the fans still spin and function perfectly fine, just the RGB no longer turns on. I have never used any sort of RGB controlling software as i thought the default colors and stuff was fine. The case i bought also included a few buttons to change the RGB profile and make it switch what it was doing. Now upon turning on my computer my fans turn on just fine but the RGB doesnt. I have tried putting the RGB headers into different RGB header spots on the motherboard but that does nothing. I have noticed that they will flicker on and then off when i turn my pc, on so i think it might have something to do with windows rather than my hardware. I also noticed that windows 11 recently updated with the dynamic lighting thing which is also one of the main reasons i believe it has something to do with windows. I have tried messing around with the dynamic lighting settings to no avail so hopefully someone here is able to help.

PC Specs:

Case - Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh C
Fans - Default fans inside of the case (i was unable to find the exact name of them but they seem to not be specifically sold anywhere)
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU - Zotac GeForce RTX 3060 12gb version
Motherboard - MSI B550 Torpedo
PSU - Corsair CX-M Series CX750M 750 Watts
RAM - Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x16gb
Storage 1 (Boot Drive) - Crucial P3 PCIe 3.0 NVMe 2280 M.2 1 TB SSD
Storage 2 - (i lost the box so i am unsure which one this is) 2 tb M.2 SSD
Wifi/Bluetooth Card - ASUS PCE-AX3000 WiFi 6 PCI-E Adaptor
OS - Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 64 bit

Maybe the LEDs died?

See if you can borrow a fan from a friend and test it out if possible. If it keeps up with the new fan, it's probably windows or the motherboard.

Edit: try going into task manager to see if anything could potentially be messing with the fans

I'm pretty sure the hardware is fine too.

One thing confuses me : you can manage the lighting manually and through software it seems. In my mind it's one or the other.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

5 hours ago, IgniVellex said:

Maybe the LEDs died?

See if you can borrow a fan from a friend and test it out if possible. If it keeps up with the new fan, it's probably windows or the motherboard.

Edit: try going into task manager to see if anything could potentially be messing with the fans

i highly doubt the LEDs died, all 3 of my case fans stopped working at the same time and i sadly do not have any friends with a spare fan who live close to me. But i will try to go into task manager and see if there is something messing with the fans. On that though i sadly do not know how i would check in task manager if they are messing with the fans. So if you would be able to let me know how to check what is messing with the fans through task manager id appreciate it, thanks.

Edit: Also note that with the motherboard i have one RGB header that i have not used (the second one near the top of the motherboard) as i have a little dock that came with the case for the fans and the rgb. I tested by putting a specific fan into said untouched rgb port on the motherboard (and i did not use the dock for testing, only ports on the motherboard and i tried all that were available) and putting the power cable for the fan into a near by port for that and it gave the same issue with the fan turning on but no rgb.

4 hours ago, leclod said:

I'm pretty sure the hardware is fine too.

One thing confuses me : you can manage the lighting manually and through software it seems. In my mind it's one or the other.

i am honestly not to sure of how the different RGB on my case is controlled cause i never got into it too much. All it is is 2 buttons on top of the case to switch between like 5 different things such as rainbow, solid red, green or blue, and other stuff like that. I dont remember the exact profiles but that isnt really important. In the picture the two buttons labeled C and M change the lights and of course the other io is fairly self explanatory but not really too important for the issue.

IMG_0338.png