Xbox controller thumb stick wear

Fr33K!e

Though I would just throw this out there, has anyone else managed to wear the thumb stick down on their controller to the point where it's smooth?

I was debating whether or not this should going into a Console Gaming thread but because I use the controller on the PC, here it is! Also apologies if the photo it of poor qualitthumbnail_IMG_6276.thumb.jpg.10fc463e1a9a4014addd17f09badea21.jpgy.

I will never be able to understand how people do this with controllers, honestly. I've had my 360 controller for god knows how many years and even that still has a little bit of the nubs left. Doing this on a controller for the Series/One consoles is insane to me.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

15 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

I will never be able to understand how people do this with controllers, honestly. I've had my 360 controller for god knows how many years and even that still has a little bit of the nubs left. Doing this on a controller for the Series/One consoles is insane to me.

Could also have to do with the natural oils from your fingers, and the amount produced by them. Some people's oils just wreck plastics, while others seem to barely have any effect. 

:)

Yeah, I'm somewhere in between. I can definitely feel a big difference when I use a controller with brand new thumbsticks vs one that's a couple years old. But some peoples sticks seem to practically melt in even less time.

I've had this controller since they launched it (so about 3-4years old) and it has been used a hell of a lot but out of the controllers I've over the years... PS5, Xbox, Switch, this is the first controller to wear like this. 

yes... it takes about 5 minutes to do that lol... its by design,  its fine...~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

my original 360 controller worked ~15 years, it would still work if the cable didn't break (its the non wireless pc version) 

But the little nubs? honestly they survived maybe like the first week... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity