Why does shift key make letters capital and Ctrl not?

Filingo

Hi,

What can cause window 10 to swap between Ctrl and shift for making capital letters? Ctrl button works because I checked it online in a keyboard testing website

I noticed that when I click Ctrl on the on screen keyboard it clicks both ctrls together and also when I click any of the shifts it press both of them (only in windows on screen keyboard, not in the online keyboard testing website)

Can I fix that? 

Thanks

Ctrl is used for hotkeys and shortcuts, such as copy and paste. I think you might want to try to change your hotkeys. There may be a setting there. However, this is just an assumption, and there is no guarantee that there is a setting at all to swap ctrl with shift. That's just how windows and other os's are programmed. You could just swap your ctrl key with your shift on your keyboard and your shift with your ctrl, if that really satisfies you. 

1 hour ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Ctrl is used for hotkeys and shortcuts, such as copy and paste. I think you might want to try to change your hotkeys. There may be a setting there. However, this is just an assumption, and there is no guarantee that there is a setting at all to swap ctrl with shift. That's just how windows and other os's are programmed. You could just swap your ctrl key with your shift on your keyboard and your shift with your ctrl, if that really satisfies you. 

I had a brain fart, I tried to do capital letters with CTRL + letter instead of Shift + letter, everything is working fine 😅

As basic keyboard layout comes from times before computers, the Shift-key for upper case and special characters has been there before computers were invented. Ctrl, as the name suggests, is there to control things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv