Couldn't delete my attachments

Browser, version and OS: Chrome, Win 11

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I uploaded 2 images in create a new topic under a thread

What happened?

I closed the browser unexpectedly and the images got saved into my account and occupied my attachment space and now it got linked to someone else's post where I didn't even post, now I can't even delete my pics

What did you expect to happen?

Discard the uploaded pics?

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

image.thumb.png.727ac760312887bf608bb9d98c487174.png

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

I noticed this error when creating my thread but didn't think much of it.

Still see strange images not uploaded by me attached to my thread from my profile. Do not see them in the thread itself.

msedge_Mhk36j3YAj.png.0463a17a4d902a21cd525988717c568e.png

25 minutes ago, Naveen Prashanth said:

I closed the browser unexpectedly and the images got saved into my account and occupied my attachment space

Forum has saved your post in your browsers local storage. Try deleting it by opening developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I)

Click Application tab > select Local Storage then select linustectips.com. You should see a bunch of keys and values listed delete any row for editor or attachments. 

36 minutes ago, Ariolander said:

Still see strange images not uploaded by me attached to my thread from my profile. Do not see them in the thread itself.

Is it possible for you to delete those by editing the post?

19 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

Forum has saved your post in your browsers local storage. Try deleting it by opening developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I)

Click Application tab > select Local Storage then select linustectips.com. You should see a bunch of keys and values listed delete any row for editor or attachments. 

Actually I also tried clearing site data entirely from site settings, but unfortunately no change

1 hour ago, Naveen Prashanth said:

Is it possible for you to delete those by editing the post?

Nope don't see said attachments when editing my post nor the big list of the attachments associated with my account.

Complete ghosts besides my screenshot. I didn't upload them either.

2 hours ago, Naveen Prashanth said:

What happened?

I closed the browser unexpectedly and the images got saved into my account and occupied my attachment space and now it got linked to someone else's post where I didn't even post, now I can't even delete my pics

It seems some error has caused the attachments to be linked to the wrong posts. Did you attempt to submit the post before closing the browser?

11 minutes ago, Ariolander said:

Nope don't see said attachments when editing my post nor the big list of the attachments associated with my account.

Complete ghosts besides my screenshot. I didn't upload them either.

It doesn't show any attached files below the text box when you edit this post? When I edit your post the images are not inserted in to the text box but are included as attachments on your post. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

57 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It seems some error has caused the attachments to be linked to the wrong posts. Did you attempt to submit the post before closing the browser?

It doesn't show any attached files below the text box when you edit this post? When I edit your post the images are not inserted in to the text box but are included as attachments on your post. 

As an End User I can't see the attachments at all. Just the listing below the thread on my public profile.

chrome_11cqu8x5IL.thumb.png.55db15fa6d0aeda2ea0b800a0c75cae7.png

chrome_kdtK6fkCql.png.2bf7ec9c73886f447c643bed7f98a12a.png

2 hours ago, Ariolander said:

As an End User I can't see the attachments at all. Just the listing below the thread on my public profile.

chrome_11cqu8x5IL.thumb.png.55db15fa6d0aeda2ea0b800a0c75cae7.png

chrome_kdtK6fkCql.png.2bf7ec9c73886f447c643bed7f98a12a.png

What happens if you edit the post? You should be able to see and remove attachments when you edit the post they're attached into. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

No I didn't submit before closing the browser. It actually restored my draft when the browser reopened and tried to create new post again in same forum. But the attachment area said maximum attachment limit reached and check manage attachment space, nevertheless I deleted those inserted images by selecting it in text editor and backspace but no use, so finally I tried clearing site data

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 6:46 PM, Ariolander said:

Did you see them in the editor when you were creating your topic, or only after submitting it?

HTTP/2 203

Still my attachments storage is full and I'm unable to delete those attachments from my account, please help 😭

Just now, Naveen Prashanth said:

Still my attachments storage is full and I'm unable to delete those attachments from my account, please help 😭

Your attachment storage is not full, there is no limit. Your screenshots are unreasonably large though (the two that you uploaded to that post were 17MB each, whereas a normal screenshot would be <1MB), and there is a 20MB per post limit, so it's possible that you're just trying to upload another unreasonably large image.

HTTP/2 203

17 mb image?

Brother what resolution is that and how is it that big?

My screenshots is 2 mb size and normal high quality pictures roams around 10 mb.

confusion..

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

On 2/26/2024 at 9:24 PM, BoomerDutch said:

17 mb image?

Brother what resolution is that and how is it that big?

My screenshots is 2 mb size and normal high quality pictures roams around 10 mb.

confusion..

😂 It's like 6k resolution screenshot

https://ibb.co/yFXtNBH
https://ibb.co/dmhN2jq

You can load in full resolution and see for yourself 😅

It doesn't go below 6 mb for each image with lossless compression 🥲