Asking for help with fan curve for Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Muffin.
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
32 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

DeepCool LS720

Its an AIO, so the fans are there to cool the water, not the CPU. The water changes temperature MUCH slower than the CPU so your "curve" can be more or less a flat line until say 85C. Heck I do this with my tuned 7800x3D on an air cooler. Flat 40% PWM until 85c then jumps to 60% PWM. 

The worst thing in the world is the sound of fans ramping up and down in realtime to match the CPU temperature when there is no need. 

Hello,

I just built a new pc and instantly noticed that the temps are different than for my previous CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X. For the 7 7800X3D there are some temp spikes even with simple tasks, but after googling, that seems to be normal for these ones. Also using and AIO for this CPU now, which is my first ever experience with an AIO (it's DeepCool LS720).

• So, the question is, how should I set the fan curve, what temperature source should I use for it and should I mess with AIO RPMs? Maybe I already made the curve okay-ish?

image.png.4d1dae6a09b276cea28e884a6905046c.png

to my understanding, this is the current pump speed (from HWMonitor).

Also, maybe worth to mention - I got 5 intake fans and 4 exhaust (radiator fans are also exhaust, if that matters here).

• This is the current fan curve that I made:

image.png.d6377fafec556c792ccc1c2c7a74d3c5.png

• These are the available temps to choose from:

image.png.9c91b037ecd303f4686a96668318ea12.png

if it's hitting 80c then have the fans at 100%.

otherwise you have nothing set to 100% until it's already running overly hot

20 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

Hello,

I just built a new pc and instantly noticed that the temps are different than for my previous CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X. For the 7 7800X3D there are some temp spikes even with simple tasks, but after googling, that seems to be normal for these ones. Also using and AIO for this CPU now, which is my first ever experience with an AIO (it's DeepCool LS720).

• So, the question is, how should I set the fan curve, what temperature source should I use for it and should I mess with AIO RPMs? Maybe I already made the curve okay-ish?

image.png.4d1dae6a09b276cea28e884a6905046c.png

to my understanding, this is the current pump speed (from HWMonitor).

Also, maybe worth to mention - I got 5 intake fans and 4 exhaust (radiator fans are also exhaust, if that matters here).

• This is the current fan curve that I made:

image.png.d6377fafec556c792ccc1c2c7a74d3c5.png

• These are the available temps to choose from:

image.png.9c91b037ecd303f4686a96668318ea12.png

What max temps do you have ?

With an all core -20 CO undervolt you shouldn't touch 75C, then can put your fans at a constant low 30% rpm or so and call it a day 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

32 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

DeepCool LS720

Its an AIO, so the fans are there to cool the water, not the CPU. The water changes temperature MUCH slower than the CPU so your "curve" can be more or less a flat line until say 85C. Heck I do this with my tuned 7800x3D on an air cooler. Flat 40% PWM until 85c then jumps to 60% PWM. 

The worst thing in the world is the sound of fans ramping up and down in realtime to match the CPU temperature when there is no need. 

The best sensors to use would be the 2 in the CPU unless you can verify the reliability of the mobo sensors. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Thank you all. Will just run it more or less flat 35-40 and rap up when much higher temps.