Anyone with experience on Seasonic G12 GM850?

vishy92

Hey!

I recently bought a prebuilt without a GPU and there was no option to change PSU. Its going to be running a 7800 X3D and a 3080Ti with a couple of fans and 2 NVME drives.

I didn't really find any trustworthy reviews. Should I change it? My current PSU is a Focus Plus Platinum 750, but the 3080Ti trips it with spikes so keeping it is not a valid option, even tho its relatively new.

3 hours ago, vishy92 said:

Hey!

I recently bought a prebuilt without a GPU and there was no option to change PSU. Its going to be running a 7800 X3D and a 3080Ti with a couple of fans and 2 NVME drives.

I didn't really find any trustworthy reviews. Should I change it? My current PSU is a Focus Plus Platinum 750, but the 3080Ti trips it with spikes so keeping it is not a valid option, even tho its relatively new.

Can you check on those voltages? That 3080 ti and 7800X3d shouldn't ever take more than 550W including all the fans and possible rgb and peripherals plugged in.

3080 ti max wattage = 350W

7800x3d max wattage = 85-95W

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

The platform of the G12 GM is modern but the quality is quite low and the fan gets really loud at higher loads. Usually the Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 850w has a comparable price like the Seasonic.

3 hours ago, Hellowpplz said:

Can you check on those voltages? That 3080 ti and 7800X3d shouldn't ever take more than 550W including all the fans and possible rgb and peripherals plugged in.

3080 ti max wattage = 350W

7800x3d max wattage = 85-95W

What voltages? Focus Plus Gold/Platinum has known issues with higher end RTX3000/4000 GPUs. For me it's not a surprise it shuts down with a 3080TI.

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

The platform of the G12 GM is modern but the quality is quite low and the fan gets really loud at higher loads. Usually the Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 850w has a comparable price like the Seasonic.

What voltages? Focus Plus Gold/Platinum has known issues with higher end RTX3000/4000 GPUs. For me it's not a surprise it shuts down with a 3080TI.

Ah my bad

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet