Quiet optimized case

julekule

I am looking in too changein my case. I have a haf x and it is too big and it looks like crap. So are there any silent optimized cases for no more then 300$. I also have a h110 that needs to fit in.

Fractal Design Define R4

Don't think the H110 fits in that case.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

H440 :3 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Your budget fits about every silence optimised case out there....do you still want a full tower case? Or are you happy with a mid tower?

Full Tower: 

NZXT H630

Mid Tower:

NZXT H440

Fractal Design Define R4

Corsair 550D

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Don't think the H110 fits in that case.

Yeah I missed that, well it fits with a little tiny bit of modifications. It's worth the extra trouble, the R4 is such a great case and it's super silent.

Fractal Design Define R4, or NZXT H440 are literally the best cases on the market right now

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Yeah I missed that, well it fits with a little tiny bit of modifications. It's worth the extra trouble, the R4 is such a great case and it's super silent.

can i mount the h110 in the front?

I own the case myself (windowed version) and it is amazing!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

can i mount the h110 in the front?

yes i believe so

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Fractal Design Define R4, or NZXT H440 are literally the best cases on the market right now

Wow thats setting the bar very low...  maybe if you like lots of cheap plastic panels. He's got $300 to spend, at least recommend a case with brushed aluminum.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

You you have any requirements other than the 280mm rad? "Optical" bay slots, or HDD mounts, for instance?

Wow thats setting the bar very low...  maybe if you like lots of cheap plastic panels. He's got $300 to spend, at least recommend a case with brushed aluminum.

Yeah, fair enough

I meant to put a 'for the price' at the end of that, but I guess that is not really relevant with a $300 budget

OP: basically go for anything you like the look of! The INWIN 904 is a great looking case IMO  :)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Yeah, fair enough

I meant to put a 'for the price' at the end of that, but I guess that is not really relevant with a $300 budget

OP: basically go for anything you like the look of! The INWIN 904 is a great looking case IMO  :)

No worries, i dont know anything about noise optimized cases... so i'm not much help :(

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/