What compunent did i kill

Hello everyone

Few days ago i just got an aio.

When i installed aio my pc turned on i opened up hw info and benchmarked my pc using cpu z benchmark

Temps seemed normal hottest core hit around 50C° then i shut down the benchmark and took of for work when i came back i have seen temps were aroud the same but my pc was freezing like crazy then i tried to restart the pc and it got stuck at the screen for entering bios then shut down since then it doesn't get started i have an msi motherboard and cpu ezdebug led is staying on as white

Which component do you guys think i have fried 

(I dont have any way to test which i broke)

Thanks in advance have a wonderful day.

IMG_20240211_203057.jpg

IMG_20240211_203046.jpg

IMG_20240211_202938.jpg

The wear around the heatsink mounting screw holes is concerning. It looks like something wore into some of the traces.

Can you get a clearer picture of those? (Hold your phone further away and use the zoom, instead of getting up very close. Phone cameras can only focus on objects so close to the lens.)

Edited by Needfuldoer

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

The wear around the heatsink mounting screw holes is concerning. It looks like something wore into some of the traces.

Can you get a clearer picture of those?

Agreed with this. The CPU looks fine, the socket doesn't have any bent pins that I can see, but the board itself looks like someone way overtightened a CPU cooler mount. Maybe installed it incorrectly then overtightened it. A modern cooler mount's standoffs are most likely going to have plastic or rubber of some kind at the base of the pegs to keep the mount from digging into the board like that.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is. The behavior after you (OP) tried bringing it back up could be shorting, and if there were metal screws digging into the traces, that could cause a short to happen. I had something similar happen with an AIO shorting years ago. My money is on an incorrect installation that caused shorting. If that's the case, you probably need a new mobo.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

These are the all mounting holes and my standoffs (standoffs doesnt have any) protection

IMG_20240211_205027.jpg

IMG_20240211_205012.jpg

17076739430476511637803198547429.jpg

3 minutes ago, Filozofil said:

These are the all mounting holes and my standoffs (standoffs doesnt have any) protection

The standoffs on the left side are definitely gouged into the traces. The standoffs on the right side don't look like the scratching is as deep, but the top right definitely could be into the traces. The bottom right could too, even though it's the smallest of the bunch.

I would try hooking the GPU back up and turning the PC on without the cooler installed. You're not leaving it that way for long, you just want to see if it POSTs and if the debug light shuts off before turning it right back off, 30s tops. Alternatively, you could just rest a cooler on top of the CPU without securing it to anything if that is a little more to your comfort level. If it posts, your system might be ok, and I'd consider going with something that uses the plastic clip system of the Intel stock cooler. For an i3-10100F, that's plenty of cooling, and you don't have any metal in contact with your board at all.

If it doesn't POST or the CPU light doesn't turn off, the board is probably done for and you'll need to RMA or replace it. Your CPU is probably fine. Those are tougher to kill than you think.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I have tried it turning on with out cooler and cpu doesnt get heated up no post and cpu led doesnt turn off

3 minutes ago, Filozofil said:

I have tried it turning on with out cooler and cpu doesnt get heated up no post and cpu led doesnt turn off

My money is on the board being dead. @Needfuldoer, agree?

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

My money is on the board being dead. @Needfuldoer, agree?

Unfortunately, yeah.

Those scratches look like they're deep enough to sever or short traces together. (Those standoffs should have had plastic washers underneath them. Or better yet, the motherboard shouldn't have been designed with important traces so close to a screw hole.)

If you look at them very closely, you might be able to 'brush away' any filings that are shorting them together. (Rub them with a clean pencil eraser in parallel with the way the traces run.) If you do that and the motherboard boots, go buy a lottery ticket.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

24 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Agreed with this. The CPU looks fine, the socket doesn't have any bent pins that I can see, but the board itself looks like someone way overtightened a CPU cooler mount. Maybe installed it incorrectly then overtightened it. A modern cooler mount's standoffs are most likely going to have plastic or rubber of some kind at the base of the pegs to keep the mount from digging into the board like that.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is. The behavior after you (OP) tried bringing it back up could be shorting, and if there were metal screws digging into the traces, that could cause a short to happen. I had something similar happen with an AIO shorting years ago. My money is on an incorrect installation that caused shorting. If that's the case, you probably need a new mobo.

I'd have to say it's from letting the standoffs spin while tightening the mounts, that letting them "Grind" through the board's PCB coating.

It's possible to use some flat nylon washers and it still work without further shorting (No guarantees of course) BUT in this case a board replacement is the smart move because you really don't know what damage may already be present in the board's circuitry from it.

NEVER let things like a mounting standoff spin around against the board's PCB during the process of torquing things down or this is what you'll get. The only thing that should be turning/spinning are the screws to the cooler itself, not what mounts to the board itself once things are in place.

If it makes contact with the board's PCB surface, don't let it spin/turn while torquing things down or your new board will give a repeat performance of this problem.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 minute ago, Beerzerker said:

If it makes contact with the board's PCB surface, don't let it spin/turn while torquing things down or your new board will give a repeat performance of this problem.

Or just get a cooler that isn't using design principles from 2008, when lots of boards shipped with little cardboard washers to keep screws from doing exactly what happened here.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Or just get a cooler that isn't using design principles from 2008, when lots of boards shipped with little cardboard washers to keep screws from doing exactly what happened here.

Cardboard (Fiber), nylon or whatever keeps it from happening but the best prevention is don't let them spin in the first place.
Such washers are easily found at the local hardware store - I've found both, cardboard/fiber and nylon washers with nylon spacers too there before.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

42 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Unfortunately, yeah.

Those scratches look like they're deep enough to sever or short traces together. (Those standoffs should have had plastic washers underneath them. Or better yet, the motherboard shouldn't have been designed with important traces so close to a screw hole.)

If you look at them very closely, you might be able to 'brush away' any filings that are shorting them together. (Rub them with a clean pencil eraser in parallel with the way the traces run.) If you do that and the motherboard boots, go buy a lottery ticket.

I guess i got to buy the biggest lottery ticket out there after i clean it with alcohol and toothbrush rn its working i put some hot glue to keep it isolated 

Thanks for the help guys 

Also can you guys please refer an ultra budget motherboard that has m.2 and argb header for intel 10th gen

2 hours ago, Filozofil said:

I guess i got to buy the biggest lottery ticket out there after i clean it with alcohol and toothbrush rn its working i put some hot glue to keep it isolated 

Thanks for the help guys 

Also can you guys please refer an ultra budget motherboard that has m.2 and argb header for intel 10th gen

PCPartPicker is your friend on that last request. I think basically all boards come with an M.2 NVMe drive connection now, and most are shipping with an ARGB header.