shout out to LTT Please buy some for yourselfs

RojiK

so i was watching "I have been betrayed - AMD $5,000 Ultimate Tech Upgrade" and you again taped up wires !! video below to timestamp.

Please buy some of these wago connectors https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0959QJQNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  ... ive been using them for about 2-3 years now and haven't had a problem at all with them (tho as in above video , I would 100% recommend to buy a new cable still) but with the connectors it would save you 10 mins and is WAY safer (tho i still do a tape job when cant find my box of wago)

CPU = Intel i9-9900ks , Mobo = ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 , Ram = HyperX Predator Black 64GB kit 3333MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP ,
GPU = GeForce GTX 2080 Ti , Case = Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Tower , Boot-Drive = Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD ,
HDD = 2 x 2TB , 2 x 4TB , PSU = Rosewill Photon 1200w 80+ Gold modular , Monitor = MSI MAG271C , CPU Cooler Master ML360R

15 minutes ago, RojiK said:

so i was watching "I have been betrayed - AMD $5,000 Ultimate Tech Upgrade" and you again taped up wires !! video below to timestamp.

Please buy some of these wago connectors https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0959QJQNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  ... ive been using them for about 2-3 years now and haven't had a problem at all with them (tho as in above video , I would 100% recommend to buy a new cable still) but with the connectors it would save you 10 mins and is WAY safer (tho i still do a tape job when cant find my box of wago)

Fyi if you buy these AVOID amazon like the plague as these will be the cheapest shittiest ones you can imagine and have quite a lot of electrical resistance meaing heat build up which can turn into a nasty disaster.

Basically buy this stuff from a trusted company

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Fyi if you buy these AVOID amazon like the plague as these will be the cheapest shittiest ones you can imagine and have quite a lot of electrical resistance meaing heat build up which can turn into a nasty disaster.

Basically buy this stuff from a trusted company

Yeah, I wasn't familiar with these, and was literally browsing them on amazon as you posted this. While the reviews are stellar, your points were certainly going through  my head.

the one i posted i got that pack from amazon in late 2022 and have been awesome but yes since 2023 and on i have not bought from amazon i got 2 more packs from a electrical good company (as amazon hasn't been in my good books lately either, since Louis Rossmann has shown how much amazon cares for ppls safety )

CPU = Intel i9-9900ks , Mobo = ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 , Ram = HyperX Predator Black 64GB kit 3333MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP ,
GPU = GeForce GTX 2080 Ti , Case = Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Tower , Boot-Drive = Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD ,
HDD = 2 x 2TB , 2 x 4TB , PSU = Rosewill Photon 1200w 80+ Gold modular , Monitor = MSI MAG271C , CPU Cooler Master ML360R

Those connectors are for wall wiring, not flex. The splice done by Linus works but it's not meant to be permanent in any way.

He should call Brian The Electrician.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

might not be for flex or multi-strand but i have used on both and works fine as it SHOULD NOT be permanent and the most off the wall use for me so far is a solid core cat 6 patch of one pair worked well for the 2 weeks till my 1000' box of cat 6 showed up and i was able to replace the 30' run

he literally says it's temporary until they do a more permanent solution at the timestamp you gave... along with "for real, do replace this".
Tape will work fine for testing purpose on 120V to know if it will even work at all (I wouldn't recommend this for 240V or higher). Some wire nuts would've been better than tape, super cheap, available nearly everywhere.

But this is really just a situation where you should replace the entire cable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Good old wire nuts never let me down. And they can cap an open caulking tube! Let's see overgrown Scotchoks Wago lever locks do that!

Yes all my water supply pipes are soldered copper, why do you ask?

Spoiler

image.png.f5f74bc508a0a1ff83bd8628d68677df.png

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Good old wire nuts never let me down.

9 hours ago, RojiK said:

Please buy some of these wago connectors

The predecessor of wago clamps is the best solution in my opinion, they are safer than wire nuts, and often cheaper than wago clamps. And they can take both solid core and braided core cables:

385422_2.thumb.webp.e83b47fd77f575ca09b1c85d7c851a53.webp

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

12 hours ago, Average Nerd said:

The predecessor of wago clamps is the best solution in my opinion, they are safer than wire nuts, and often cheaper than wago clamps. And they can take both solid core and braided core cables:

oh i will have to keep my eyes open and grab some of these if i see some would like to try them for sure

@RojiK YESSSS! I love Wago connectors. 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

On 2/9/2024 at 8:39 AM, Average Nerd said:

I don't not sure aboth the law, but here in Norway, spring connectors like the Wago ones are heavily preferred/recommended over those ones or wire nuts by electricians because it's less likely to do something wrong by tightening them too much or too little.

Wago is a very common brand, and have ones ment for different sizes cables.

But none of them should be used places where the cable can be snagged as neither of them have stress relief, but there is connection boxes / seperate stuff you can put them in that do have it.

- Worked as an automation electrician for a few years(not many)(but now back to uni)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Wago ones are heavily preferred/recommended over those ones or wire nuts by electricians because it's less likely to do something wrong by tightening them too much or too little.

Yeah, I can see that happening, but for temporary installs these screwclamps are fine, and worlds better than wirenuts.

Andd I prefer screwclamps, because I can just cut off as many as I need, so I don't have to get a whole assortment of things. (If I have to connect wires permanently, I either solder and heatshrink them, or I use Wago clamps)

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

4 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

Yeah, I can see that happening, but for temporary installs these screwclamps are fine, and worlds better than wirenuts.

Andd I prefer screwclamps, because I can just cut off as many as I need, so I don't have to get a whole assortment of things. (If I have to connect wires permanently, I either solder and heatshrink them, or I use Wago clamps)

When it comes to mains voltage, soldering two wires together is actually even more of a no go when it comes to electrician house work. 

Solder doesn't conduct electricity as well as copper or aluminium does, and can be less consistent/hard to see how good the connection actually is. Harder to redo or change later. And takes more time to do.

For non mains, low power, or the device end its a different situation tho.

The *ideal* is to avoid splits or connections whenever you can,cable too short? Replace the whole cable and not cut and splice it. I know it isn't always possible.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

5 minutes ago, Mihle said:

For non mains, low power, or the device end its a different situation tho.

That's pretty much all I do, because I'm not qualified to work on house wiring, and I'm not stupid enough to work on it with no proper training.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!