hi pls help i am very dumb and silly

tiatttt
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
10 minutes ago, tiatttt said:

so i have an acer tc 895-ua92 and i literally cannot run minecraft. 70 fps on block game. ridiculous. so i wanted to upgrade to a 1030 gt or a 6600 rx (no idea what these are but i was advised that these cpus are well functioning)

however i asked my friend and he told me to look if i have the required psu cables . i look inside my pc. i do not see any of these cables that he describes. am i crazy? or does this pc just not have the pcie/psu or whatever and is impossible to upgrade without changing the case? i am very stupid when it comes to tech so please treat me like a 7 year old.

This is a proprietary system from Acer and it does look like it does not have extra power cables for a graphics card.

You can buy a low profile GTX 1650, this GPU does not require an external power connector and will draw all its power from the slot on the motherboard, this GPU will destroy the 1030 GT in terms of perfomance.

Its literally plug and play, put it in the motherboard slot for a graphics card and there you go, done.

Should take you around 20 seconds.

so i have an acer tc 895-ua92 and i literally cannot run minecraft. 70 fps on block game. ridiculous. so i wanted to upgrade to a 1030 gt or a 6600 rx (no idea what these are but i was advised that these cpus are well functioning)

however i asked my friend and he told me to look if i have the required psu cables . i look inside my pc. i do not see any of these cables that he describes. am i crazy? or does this pc just not have the pcie/psu or whatever and is impossible to upgrade without changing the case? i am very stupid when it comes to tech so please treat me like a 7 year old.

IMG_6278.jpeg

Well the good news is that if you get a 1030, it won't require PCIe cables.

Bad news is that you won't have any this being a prebuilt system. However it does look like you could probably fit an ATX sized power supply in there.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

10 minutes ago, tiatttt said:

This is a proprietary system from Acer and it does look like it does not have extra power cables for a graphics card.

You can buy a low profile GTX 1650, this GPU does not require an external power connector and will draw all its power from the slot on the motherboard, this GPU will destroy the 1030 GT in terms of perfomance.

Its literally plug and play, put it in the motherboard slot for a graphics card and there you go, done.

Should take you around 20 seconds.

Crazily this might actually have a use case for the awful 3050 6GB because the CPU itself is pretty potent.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Bad news is that you won't have any this being a prebuilt system. However it does look like you could probably fit an ATX sized power supply in there.

Motherboard doesn't use standard 24 pin ATX power so you'd need some kind of adapter. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16