No signal from Pc to Tv

So I picked up a TCL Q7 for my office.  Wanted something budget friendly to get better motion clarity. It has 4k 120hz. Love it so far for stream and tv. 

I eventually will get a ps5 to hook up to it. For now I have a pc with a 3080 I figured I could hook up to play BG3.

Here’s the problem. HDMI does not work at all. My pc recognizes the tv, it shows in display settings as 4k 60hz. Even lets me move my mouse over to it. The tv will show a pop up saying hdmi device detected but on the screen it just says no signal please check connections. Yes I’ve tried different cables already and a different pc. 

Any suggestions?

sounds like potentially an issue with the TV itself.

what kind of troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried lowering the resolution? does the same GPU/HDMI cable work on other displays/TVs?

Are there other HDMI ports on the TV you can use? Are they labeled for supporting different things? 

Nevermind looked it up.

image.png.ed36a30cf30f78acb241974a49c4ec65.png

3 hours ago, Brando212 said:

what kind of troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried lowering the resolution? does the same GPU/HDMI cable work on other displays/TVs?

Yes I have tried every resolution down to 1080p. Going to do more testing tonight with other devices to narrow down. Just odd that the pc and tv recognize each other but no output

3 hours ago, Brando212 said:

3 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Are there other HDMI ports on the TV you can use? Are they labeled for supporting different things? 

Nevermind looked it up.

image.png.ed36a30cf30f78acb241974a49c4ec65.png

Yeah tried them all. Same issues

5 hours ago, pjay9t said:

Yeah tried them all. Same issues

how long is the hdmi cable?

10ft. It did end up being the cable it worked when I ran it to my monitor, but for some reason it doesn’t like the TV I swapped the cable entirely and it works fine. Well mostly fine. If I try 4k 120 it bugs out

1 hour ago, pjay9t said:

10ft. It did end up being the cable it worked when I ran it to my monitor, but for some reason it doesn’t like the TV I swapped the cable entirely and it works fine. Well mostly fine. If I try 4k 120 it bugs out

4k 120 444 hdr beyond 3ish ft copper cant handle. (there are some that have got to 6ft but rare) you need optical hdmi for that 10ft run.

1 hour ago, circeseye said:

4k 120 444 hdr beyond 3ish ft copper cant handle. (there are some that have got to 6ft but rare) you need optical hdmi for that 10ft run.

Erm, my Microcenter brand cable does this fine. 4090 to LG C2 @ 10ft. 

6 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Erm, my Microcenter brand cable does this fine. 4090 to LG C2 @ 10ft. 

then you got lucky. majority cant or your not running 4k 120 444 10bit

was starting to wonder if it was the cable. just take a look at LTTs videos on cable testing if you haven't already, quality standards are all over the place, and a lot don't fully pass spec most the time, especially for higher res and data throughput use cases. it's almost like playing the silicone lottery.

so yeah, like another user said, your best bet for that length will probably to be pick up an optical HDMI cable rather than play trial and error with normal ones.

Turns out a lot of the hdmi I had around were just bad. The OG cable wouldn’t even run 1080p it was just shot. Replaced it with high quality and it’s been working fine. 4k sometimes blinks in and out when olaying games but I just run 2k 120 

• 3 weeks later...

ports 1 and 2 will do 120hz. that was likely your problem, If you plugged your hdmi into port 3 or 4 you would get a black screen and no signal detected.