PC shuts down at random while playing games.

Pedrito878
Go to solution Solved by suchamoneypit,

Sounds like a power delivery issue to me. As soon as high power draw happens, you're shutting down. First I'd simply try another outlet, although if there were issues you'd probably be tripping a circuit breaker. I'd try and get a second PSU to test out. You can likely buy one from a local store with a 30 day return policy. Something else that might make it suddenly shut off is severe thermal throttling. You should monitor CPU/GPU temps to make sure something isn't running super spicy. 

Hello, first of all I'm new to pc building and just built a new PC:

- Windows 10 Pro x64
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime B650M-A AMD B650 Micro-ATX
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Processor
- RAM: G.Skill D532GB 6000-32 Ripjaws
- SSD: Kingston NV2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD 1000G M.2
- PSU: Enermax Revolution D.F. 750 W 80+ Gold
- GPU: XFX Speedster SWFT 319 AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
- Case : Phanteks G360A Midi Tower (3 intake fans, 2 exhaust fans + 2 CPU Cooler fans)

My issue is that sadly it completely shuts down often when launching and playing games, (I haven't had the PC crash on benchmarks from OCCT or the AMD adrenalin tool), I don't see any weird glitch or driver error or weird noise from the PC, other than what I guess is the coil whine from the GPU and then it shuts down. When I restart it, I either need to wait a couple minutes or unplug and plug in the case start button cable to the motherboard.

I noticed that the Integrated Graphics and The GPU were both enabled at the same time, and disabling the integrated graphics helped some games get past the initial loading screen, but would still crash sometimes in game, playing with the integrated graphics launched every game and had no problem other than it being not that good for gaming. So i decided to RMA the GPU and having it tested, was told that it was fine and had no issues. And just now, after having played 30 hours of Valheim with no crashes at all, I launched the game (which I had played earlier today) and the computer shut down and now won't start at all.

The computer doesn't always immediatley crash on ultra settings, it depends on the game if it crashes when clicking accept or by playing for some minutes. The computer is plugged straight into the wall.

I have not tried anything since I have no idea after asking multiple people and looking online.

Is this a PSU issue? Did the PSU die for some reason? Or am I missing something bigger?. Thank you

More info: When I first booted it, after installing windows, I did not overclock or touch any BIOS settings and I installed Kingdom Come Deliverance to test it and the 2k 144Hz screen, which automatically was at the highest graphical preset, played for 10 minutes and the whole PC shut down, since then, that very same game wouldnt launch as the PC shut down when it was on the loading screen. This also happens with other games such as Halo Infinite, Pathfinder WOTR, Mordhau, etc... But when you do get past the loading screen and main menu, the game may crash randomly, the higher the graphical settings the more likely it is to crash, the computer has crashed while playing Astroneer too which is not a demanding game at all (or Sea of Thieves while playing on 2k 144fps ultra settings for some hours then crashing out of the blue and using Amd adrenalin, rivatuner and Hwinfo to check Temps which didnt go above 80)

Sounds like a power delivery issue to me. As soon as high power draw happens, you're shutting down. First I'd simply try another outlet, although if there were issues you'd probably be tripping a circuit breaker. I'd try and get a second PSU to test out. You can likely buy one from a local store with a 30 day return policy. Something else that might make it suddenly shut off is severe thermal throttling. You should monitor CPU/GPU temps to make sure something isn't running super spicy. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]