Do VCD/Video CD Are Much Similar To As S-VHS??

Is This the Similar Quality As 150px-VCDlogo.svg.png And 220px-S-VHS.svg.png?

Yes or no?

SVHS is slightly higher resolution than mpeg1 video CDs being a bit above 480i, but the difference is pretty minimal when you’re looking at very low resolution video anyway. The advantage of video cd was most color accuracy native to a digital format, where svhs was better than vhs in terms of color accuracy, it was still well below video cd.

svhs didn’t succeed because nobody watching a vhs at home really cared if it was super high detail in comparison, same deal with video cd, it wasn’t until dvd came around that the jump was noticeable and even then the only reason dvd was popular was because it was as cheap as vhs within a few years if its debut and discs stored away easier than tapes

20 minutes ago, aggie113 said:

I guess their google is broken.

I Am Not Using A Google Image's, But I Am using A Wikipedia Image's

3 hours ago, Goodmen9008 said:

Is This the Similar Quality As 150px-VCDlogo.svg.png And 220px-S-VHS.svg.png?

Yes or no?

Your question makes no sense, what you are asking is "is this digital video format and this analog video format the same"

It's like comparing a digital photo and a printout of a scanned photo. You know which is the crappier one, but it depends on settings.

A "Video CD" which is what that "Compact Disc Digital Video" logo is, contains a 240p 60minute MPEG-1 stream. 

220px-Digital_video_resolutions_%28VCD_to_4K%29.svg.png

To give you an idea, VCD is 352x240p29.97

SVHS on the other hand stores analog video in a more condensed form than VHS. So regular VHS has 240 horizontal lines, while SVHS has 420, in SP mode only.

It would be fairer to say VCD is closer to VHS, and DVD is closer to SVHS in terms of resolution. However analog artifact exist, and tapes wear, plus if you record in LP/SLP or EP mode, the resolution is effectively halved or a third. So you could use a SVHS tape in EP mode and get basically the same quality as VHS in LP mode. And I'm not saying it's equal, if anything, the second you do not record in SP mode, the recording is going to look and sound terrible, because it records to the tape at a slower speed.

So SVHS at EP is probably going to look like VCD. Not equal.

As for "were Video CD's any good?" No, they were mostly popular in China and other parts of the world where bootlegging was popular. Ask anyone who watched anime in the 80's/90's. Either they purchased pirate fansubs (from people who owned the actual LD's), or they copied each others copies. That effectively went away around 1996 when CD-R drives became affordable. Then people started copying LD versions of videos to various then-new video formats like realvideo (h.323) and Vivo (also a h.323 format) because they could fit more on a CD than a VideoCD, and were easier to transmit over dialup. Then as everyone knows, the "divx/xvid" format (h.263) came out and the beginning of rampant video piracy started. (There was a site called stage6 (owned by divx), and vimeo, youtube was originally a dating site in 2005.)

Ah yes, the days of postage stamp sized videos that you couldn't read the burned-in subtitles on.

Anyway VideoCD's were terrible and didn't take off in NTSC regions largely because movie studios didn't jump on board, Japan loved their LD's, and it was too easy to copy. Where as SVHS also didn't take off as a format to distribute videos in, because everyone owned a VHS player (Betamax also didn't take off.)

Every few years since the DVD format was released, something new has come out, and it's been rejected if it won't play legacy DVD/DVD-R and CD/CD-R media. So yes, you probably can still play VideoCD's in a UHD Blueray player.

9 hours ago, Goodmen9008 said:

I Am Not Using A Google Image's, But I Am using A Wikipedia Image's

he actually meant that you should use google to research your question. 😎