is there anyway to undervolt ryzen 5 5800H?

Well i am a bit disappointed that amd locked everything on their laptop processors.. i have lenovo legion 5 that has 5800h.. i know they are supposed to hit 95c+ .. tried repasting that didn't help either.. ryzen master doesn't work.. bios doesn't have any option only way to lower temps is to limit power with some software like AATU.. which will decrease the clock speed and lower the performance.. i saw some old threads on forums and couldn't find a way.. since they are soo old now if anyone has figure out anything to undervolt the cpu then that will be appreciated

Some OEMs have an option in BIOS that lets you choose the TDP. Very common on mini PCs, not sure about laptops.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Some OEMs have an option in BIOS that lets you choose the TDP. Very common on mini PCs, not sure about laptops.

Well it will work like AATU or ryzenadj .. limiting tdp will drop temps but witha different approch.. it will limit power but that will reduce the clock speed hence it will decrese performance.. undervolting usually gives better or same performance but at a bit lower power consumption..

1 minute ago, Muhammad Osama said:

Well it will work like AATU or ryzenadj .. limiting tdp will drop temps but witha different approch.. it will limit power but that will reduce the clock speed hence it will decrese performance.. undervolting usually gives better or same performance but at a bit lower power consumption..

Strictly coming from the mini PC train of thought, the TDP option doesn't change the clocks at all, but the decreased power will limit the amount of time a processor can spend pegged to the maximum clock.

Have you looked for a guide to your laptop's BIOS? That might be the best place to find an answer.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.