Future of Advertising?

So, I was made aware of this on twitter, and I found it interesting.  Warning though, it may be a bit dry for some. You know, talking about the economics and future of online advertising, but I thought, what the hey, I'm sure someone here will find it interesting as well!

Link:  http://peakads.org/

Go to the pdf it links to, and enjoy!

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

It seems like a good read - I'll edit in my views about it once I've had the time to read it.

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

I had some time to finally read the article. It indeed was kind of depressing and interesting.
The article makes sense and although it's forward-looking, the trends he states are kind of obvious.
e.g. the fact that more and more websites are gonna try and get more and more personal information, 
that there will be more and more advertisements, and that there will be blurred lines between real content and paid-for content (e.g. IGN's news and reviews) 

This really sounds a lot like TV in the last example (especially "the news"). 

I really hope other models do emerge. I know smaller sites are largely consumer supported and I try to disable adblock for them and donate if I am a big fan. 
I suppose advancements in infrastructure (cheaper hosting) could help. 

Not sure what will emerge, but I know it's becoming more important to have several junk-email-accounts, use vpns etc etc. 

Anyway, this was just me rambling on... 

----------------
OP: What do you think about the article?

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

OP: What do you think about the article?

Well, like you I found it interesting, and a bit ominous where it could be going. I thought it was thought out and put together pretty well.  This article also got me thinking about "big data" and the money behind it.  I'm thinking it's from ad revenue that uses that data to target potential customers.  Another thought I had was about what could be causing this decline.  I would have to say that, within the younger generation, we've been trained to be suspicious of ads because of the many sources of malware and other such things, along with them being tedious at times, especially when it is during a time like presidential elections.

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

So what exactly to he envision?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.