2024 Nest Secure discontinuation, best alternative local systems?

cyborgelt

Google is axing yet another product/service in April. (YET IT IS STILL BEING SOLD ON AMAZON)

2 years ago I bought my Nest Secure security system and 12 door/window sensors to go along side my nest cameras and nest door lock, and smoke detectors. The integration between all of these products was nice for the time I had them but of course google has decided to axe their security system and door sensors which will go offline in April. They offer an insufficient $200 google store credit (to spend on more google products that risk being discontinued in short time), or a transition to an ADT system at "$485" value which is better than nothing, but still awful considering all the money I spent on E-Waste.

I miss the days of quality locally set up devices that can be accessed outside the home via the internet that are not affected by external servers or systems being shut down.

Does anyone know of a good alternative, preferably locally set up security system with door/window sensors that can be accessed online or via an app? Given that the Nest cameras and door lock probably have their clock ticking as well, it would be preferable if this local system not only supports door/window sensors, but also camera feeds and local recording for when those Nest items also get the axe.

this is why i'm spending a lot of time and money to make my place entirely ESPHome / HomeAssistant.

i'm not sure on cameras, but anything that is a switch or analog value (like temperature) can be integrated into homeassistant.

also - on that note, it might be worth delving into if you could possibly flash ESPHome on your newly bricked abandonware.

As a long time user of first generation non Google Nest cameras, i find myself testing some of the Ring cameras with reservations. 

Google flat out took Nest to the crapper. 

I also use a hard wired Swann camera system which functions sufficiently. 

I'm also building an old school camera system using a Pelco DX8100 Hybrid 8tb DVR with internet and DX Series Client capabilities. 

That ESPHome looks like a hackers paradise. 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI