Bought a refurb OptiPlex 7060 and I think it's already dead?

Got a bit of a weird one here. i wanted to expand my homelab setup so I ordered a refurbished 7060, straight from Dell. Got here this week and I went to start setting it up yesterday. I swapped the 8gb stick of RAM it came with for 2x16gb and booted into Windows to make sure everything looked alright. Got into Windows totally fine. Restarted and entered the BIOS to install Proxmox, switched the boot order in the BIOS to the Proxmox media (I couldn't find a "Boot from this once" kind of option so I went with changing the actual boot order) and rebooted expecting to see the Proxmox installer splash screen.

Only, instead of that, I was just met with a black screen. And that has persisted for a day now. No matter what I do, I never get an image back out of the unit. I've tried resetting CMOS repeatedly with various techniques/processes to do so, replaced the CMOS battery with a new one, I've re-seated the CPU, I've swapped back to the original RAM, I've tried one stick of the upgraded RAM, I've tried booting with no drives and just the install media, I've tried different USB ports. I'm running out of ideas on this one, unfortunately. Normally I would just think the board is dead but between it being refurbished directly from Dell and fact that it did boot into Windows successfully, I feel like it can't be that? Anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas what else I could do? I can get a replacement board off eBay, but the point of buying the refurb unit (with an extra sale on top, no less) was to save a bit of money compared to buying new or surfing second hand listings so that would be a bit of a kick in the pants at this point.

Does the power LED flash in any sort of pattern? If so, that's an error code.

Are you within the return/exchange window? Since you bought it from them instead of some rando off eBay, you should have something like a 90 day warranty.

1 hour ago, JulsSkogs said:

(I couldn't find a "Boot from this once" kind of option so I went with changing the actual boot order

F12 gives you the one-time boot menu on Dell hardware.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Sorry, knew there was something I forgot to mention. As best I can tell, it's not giving me an error code, it just goes from solid amber to solid white like it would a normal boot.

I'll have to double check the specifics on their return policy but I ordered it on Jan. 25 so I should be well within the window you'd think.

I figured out the F12 thing after flipping the order in the BIOS, unfortunately it just doesn't do anything now.

This is going to sound crazy, but are you using a TV for a monitor?

36 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

This is going to sound crazy, but are you using a TV for a monitor?

Nope, Dell ultrawide

7 minutes ago, JulsSkogs said:

Nope, Dell ultrawide

Ah ok. It was worth a shot. When I installed promox, I tried using my TV as a monitor. Ran into the issues you have. The second that I switched to an actual monitor, no problem. Something hunky with hdmi handshake I guess.

57 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Ah ok. It was worth a shot. When I installed promox, I tried using my TV as a monitor. Ran into the issues you have. The second that I switched to an actual monitor, no problem. Something hunky with hdmi handshake I guess.

That's the most frustrating part, I didn't even get to installing Proxmox and trying to play with it!

53 minutes ago, JulsSkogs said:

That's the most frustrating part, I didn't even get to installing Proxmox and trying to play with it!

Yes, That was the same issue I was having, Just having the proxmox usb stick in the PC would cause it to not display. Pull the stick, everything was fine. Change to a vga monitor, everything was fine. Use the TV and I couldn't even see the bios spash screen.

10 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Yes, That was the same issue I was having, Just having the proxmox usb stick in the PC would cause it to not display. Pull the stick, everything was fine. Change to a vga monitor, everything was fine. Use the TV and I couldn't even see the bios spash screen.

Oh i see what you mean not. Yeah that's very weird.