Does Noctua make a house fan? Cuz I need a Noctua house fan.

battlepants220

The ventilation in my place is trash and I need a fan that's silent as the grave but will f-kin push wind. If this isn't already a thing, it should be. Image unrelated

almost lost my cool.jpg

This is what I ended up doing for the Folding@Home event.  Definitely wouldn't pass the "wife factor":

image.thumb.png.82af820d046fe87aeff883a3ff435184.png

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

59 minutes ago, battlepants220 said:

The ventilation in my place is trash and I need a fan that's silent as the grave but will f-kin push wind. If this isn't already a thing, it should be. Image unrelated

honestly if you're looking for something that's capable of sending your house to the stratosphere just get an AC. there's some good portable ones out there or you could get a fixed unit for pretty cheap.

CPU: intel i7-4790k OC

Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark-s

RAM: 24gb DDR3 1866 (OC 1903Mhz) hyper-x fury blue

GPU: ROG STRIX GTX 1070

Case: ICUE 4000X

Storage: samsung 870 EVO 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF 850w psu

Display(s): 165hz 1080p 24" monitor

Cooling: thermalright peerless assasain cpu tower cooler

Keyboard: Logitech G815

Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed with powerplay

Sound: Logitech G pro X wireless

Operating System: windows 10 home

Laptop: intel NUC M15 Laptop i7-1165G7 16GB 1TB ssd iris Xe graphics

3 hours ago, battlepants220 said:

fan that's silent as the grave but will f-kin push wind

so a regular ceiling fan? i dont think i've ever lived in a house with a "loud" fan

just going to let you know
That it probably would be loud still because, well surprise. you need a decent sized electric motor to make a house fan spin compared to a pc can

20" box fans aren't that loud when they're running on low...

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

*violently shakes turd brown and white spraypaint cans* I can do that...

1 hour ago, BrandonLatzig said:

just going to let you know
That it probably would be loud still because, well surprise. you need a decent sized electric motor to make a house fan spin compared to a pc can

The noise produced by the motor itself isn't that loud, it's the blades that make most of the noise.

My fan is noisy but I've reduced the noise by I'd say half by simply replacing the blades. The older ones were straight, something like this:Industrial Aluminum Fan Blades, Thickness: 1 Mm, Number Of Blades: 6-8 ...

It sounded like a helicopter inside the room even at the lowest setting, replaced them with these "airplane style" ones and it's much quieter

OEM/ODM custom made industrial Aluminium three fan blade for fan ...

Same motor, it's an industrial 36" fan because I got tired of buying terrible pedestal fans that didn't blow any air and fried after a few years, it's HOT both outside and inside so it's justified, 46C outside rn and all of the equipment in my room needs to be cooled somehow. But the same principle applies to every fan tbh, with no blades the motor shouldn't make any mechanical noises, if it does then it needs some lubrication, the induction hum will be there but it's not too loud.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:35 PM, Schnoz said:

Unfortunately no. However, your best bet is the NF-A20 for a balance of airflow and silence, or the NF-A14 iPPC series of fans if you don't mind a little bit of extra noise.

Thanks for not being condescending lol

11 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Unfortunately they seem to have canned this project.

Understandable as it would be a very expensive, niche product compared to the thousands of existing desk fans out there.  Hard to see how it would be financially viable.

Wouldn't be too hard for a hobbyist to knock something together with an NF-20, 3D printer, a few basic parts, a cheap Chinese fan controller and common 12V wall wart.  Its basically what my abomination is (with spare fans from years of building PCs), except I lack the craft skills or 3D printer.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

You can track all of the projects that they're working on which are Officially confirmed on their Roadmap here: https://noctua.at/en/product-roadmap

I have the Dyson Pure Cool Me on my Desk in my room. It not only can push air around, but it also has a HEPA and an active Charcoal filter so you also get nice actually clean air blown at you. Dyson has lots of different options for their fans, the one I have might be too small for what you're trying to achieve.

So I have my Dyson always running all year round and especially in the Warm Months my Window open all the time.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.