I want to either mine or do folding@home with my 3050 (secondary gpu) and spare my 4070 for gaming

You will be losing money mining you know that right? As for folding, you can, however it will still take some of your CPU processing power so don’t expect to get same performance in games.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

You will be losing money mining you know that right? As for folding, you can, however it will still take some of your CPU processing power so don’t expect to get same performance in games.

How will I lose money, here no one buys things used so I have it until it breaks, but ok, how can I do the folding@home

3 minutes ago, angeloza2 said:

How will I lose money, here no one buys things used so I have it until it breaks, but ok, how can I do the folding@home

Electricity costs money.

Assuming you pay for electricity, you will lose money mining (also when running Folding).

If you can't sell it, and none of your friends or family are in need of a graphics card, then I'd probably just put it in a box as a spare. Then, if someone you know does need a card, or you ever need a spare, you have it handy.

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Assuming you pay for electricity, you will lose money mining (also when running Folding).

If you can't sell it, and none of your friends or family are in need of a graphics card, then I'd probably just put it in a box as a spare. Then, if someone you know does need a card, or you ever need a spare, you have it handy.

I’m not the one paying but I do know how expensive it is

Yeah, never underestimate the value of having a known good GPU sitting on a shelf. Amazing for troubleshooting or just getting a buddy out of a tight spot.
On the other hand, in the US 3050s are going for 150$ used on ebay and that ain't nothing

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 minute ago, OddOod said:

Yeah, never underestimate the value of having a known good GPU sitting on a shelf. Amazing for troubleshooting or just getting a buddy out of a tight spot.
On the other hand, in the US 3050s are going for 150$ used on ebay and that ain't nothing

Yeah, it’s around 1k now here in Brazil (200$)

9 minutes ago, angeloza2 said:

Yeah, it’s around 1k now here in Brazil (200$)

If I had a spare spare that was worth 200USD I'd def flip it. Regardless, it's pretty useless sitting in the build. It's gonna leech power, potentially cause issues with some games, and be at risk of power surges etc. Far better to pull and stow.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

13 minutes ago, angeloza2 said:

I’m not the one paying but I do know how expensive it is

So someone else will put money in to the extra electricity, then you will cash out in coin? So basically just stealing money 😉

2 minutes ago, whispous said:

So someone else will put money in to the extra electricity, then you will cash out in coin? So basically just stealing money 😉

My parents are paying for me, so it’s in my own money, i ain’t stealing nothing 

3 minutes ago, OddOod said:

If I had a spare spare that was worth 200USD I'd def flip it. Regardless, it's pretty useless sitting in the build. It's gonna leech power, potentially cause issues with some games, and be at risk of power surges etc. Far better to pull and stow.

Hey, in the subject of the aio rgb, open rgb isn’t working

My parents are paying for me, so it’s in my own money, i ain’t stealing nothing 

It would be simpler to just have them pay you flat out. 
I imagine that if you were to be fully transparent with them and say "Hey, I want to mine crypto. It will suck back X number of watts which will cost Y amount of money and yield Z amount of value in coin (where Z < Y), are you okay with that" they would say no. Thus dishonesty, thus theft. On the other hand, if they did say yes, you could probably just convince them to give you the cash openly, which you could then "invest" in buying coin.

5 minutes ago, angeloza2 said:

Hey, in the subject of the aio rgb, open rgb isn’t working

Threads are threaded for a reason. Avoid cross contamination, I'll get to it when I get to it. Or not. 

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

It would be simpler to just have them pay you flat out. 
I imagine that if you were to be fully transparent with them and say "Hey, I want to mine crypto. It will suck back X number of watts which will cost Y amount of money and yield Z amount of value in coin (where Z < Y), are you okay with that" they would say no. Thus dishonesty, thus theft. On the other hand, if they did say yes, you could probably just convince them to give you the cash openly, which you could then "invest" in buying coin.

My dad works with tech and he said I can do the folding@home model processing (among these lines I understood) sorry I was afk, I was at church

On 2/1/2024 at 4:11 PM, angeloza2 said:

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

I'm gonna vouch for Folding@Home. An RTX 3050 is slightly less efficient then my A2000 but still pretty decent if you run it 24/7. Do that for half a year consistently and become a top 1000 donor for LTT team 🙂 

Ultimately, the card might not generate as much $ in mining that you may be hoping for. Plus donating to science might look good on a resume or something, you will be giving back to society and helping out people indirectly 🙂 

11 hours ago, Roflwaffle17 said:

I'm gonna vouch for Folding@Home. An RTX 3050 is slightly less efficient then my A2000 but still pretty decent if you run it 24/7. Do that for half a year consistently and become a top 1000 donor for LTT team 🙂 

Ultimately, the card might not generate as much $ in mining that you may be hoping for. Plus donating to science might look good on a resume or something, you will be giving back to society and helping out people indirectly 🙂 

Yeah, it might help when I get older and finish high school (I’ll start to work at 14 but a 9-5 actually starts at 18)