PCIe slot question

EdOrange

Hi,

I was just getting round to adding in a WiFi card to my machine, however I am having a space issue.

Motherboard : Gigabyte B550 DS3H

GPU: Gigabyte 1660 Super Windforce 3 Fan

WiFi card: ASUS PCE-AX3000

I have added pictures below. My GPU covers the smaller PCEi slot. Would it be possible to run the WiFi card in the lowest slot? Or is it a case of getting a Riser for the GPU and changing the mounting (if so can you recommend a good riser please)?

Thanks

without.jpg

with.jpg

3 minutes ago, EdOrange said:

Would it be possible to run the WiFi card in the lowest slot?

Yes. You can actually put any card into any slot, as long as it physically fits.

But keep your GPU in the top slot, because that one has the most PCIe lanes allocated to it.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

Yes it wil work pcie is pcie

Also question I see a bunch of people buying these small top down coolers for their pc. Did you get this recommended by some yt video or so as these are kinda expensive and poor value as a 14$ thermalright tower cooler is way better and quieter. Even 2 years ago was basically the case.

Just curious here fyi as its always either the noctua, sycthe or yours.

Thanks for the help, I thought that would be the case, just wasn't too sure.

25 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes it wil work pcie is pcie

Also question I see a bunch of people buying these small top down coolers for their pc. Did you get this recommended by some yt video or so as these are kinda expensive and poor value as a 14$ thermalright tower cooler is way better and quieter. Even 2 years ago was basically the case.

Just curious here fyi as its always either the noctua, sycthe or yours.

Regrading the cooler, I was looking for something small but better than my stock one. I have been thinking about changing to a smaller case and wanted to see if I could find something small but not the price of a Noctua. This came with some good reviews and was less than 20 quid so thought it was worth a shot. It works really well, I only have a Ryzen 5 4500 so not going too crazy but I've not hit thermal limits too. 

The ultimate goal is full custom loop but I'm some way off that yet.

Thanks again

5 hours ago, EdOrange said:

Thanks for the help, I thought that would be the case, just wasn't too sure.

Regrading the cooler, I was looking for something small but better than my stock one. I have been thinking about changing to a smaller case and wanted to see if I could find something small but not the price of a Noctua. This came with some good reviews and was less than 20 quid so thought it was worth a shot. It works really well, I only have a Ryzen 5 4500 so not going too crazy but I've not hit thermal limits too. 

The ultimate goal is full custom loop but I'm some way off that yet.

Thanks again

As someone who's made many a loop

Don't

Just dont

They are a worthless moneysink.

Air cooling is SO DAMN GOOD AND CHEAP these days its just great. Gpu's have also gotten really quiet dur to good coolers finally so literally no point.

Only do it when you have WAY too much money too waste (yes waste it always is) and have top spec crap.

Just so you know but a custom loop pc hold no more value than a similar specced air cooled or aio cpu cooled rig. Exactly 0.

People will not pay extra for it.