S22 Ultra fell 9 Stories down an elevator shaft.....

medic3256
Go to solution Solved by medic3256,

Well, they fixed it, new factory screen, new factory glass front and back, new factory frame, and a new factory battery. I'm surprised that it's working just like it was before. Had to get a new case, the old one was destroyed. I tested out the OIS, seems to be ok, but only time will tell.  I even got a thing saying that it's re-certified by samsung.

PXL_20240203_172415480.MP.jpg

I Dropped my phone getting into an elevator at work, it did a perfect pirouette into the gap between the elevator and the floor. Seems to have handled it pretty well, insurance is going to try to replace the screen but we'll see what happens...

WIN_20240126_11_56_35_Pro.jpg

I’m gonna ahead and say that frame is all messed up too. You are probably looking at replacing the entire frame along with all of the glass. These kind of impacts are also great for messing up OIS on cameras. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I’m gonna ahead and say that frame is all messed up too. You are probably looking at replacing the entire frame along with all of the glass. These kind of impacts are also great for messing up OIS on cameras. 

Yeah, I told my wife that once they've "fixed" it, I'm probably trading it in for a new phone. Asurion said that it won't be water resistant anymore, and the fingerprint sensor may or may not work. Interestingly the back glass appears to be ok.

5 minutes ago, medic3256 said:

Yeah, I told my wife that once they've "fixed" it, I'm probably trading it in for a new phone. Asurion said that it won't be water resistant anymore, and the fingerprint sensor may or may not work. Interestingly the back glass appears to be ok.

That most likely means they will use aftermarket screen and won’t use the factory gaskets (hence why I never even waste money on those insurance policies). Good luck.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

44 minutes ago, medic3256 said:

I Dropped my phone getting into an elevator at work, it did a perfect pirouette into the gap between the elevator and the floor. Seems to have handled it pretty well, insurance is going to try to replace the screen but we'll see what happens...

WIN_20240126_11_56_35_Pro.jpg

I was honestly expecting the thing to be blown to smithereens or at the very least completely obliterated front and back glass, but damn that doesnt look like it fell 9 stories down an elevator shaft, however the frame probably tells a different story

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I was honestly expecting the thing to be blown to smithereens or at the very least completely obliterated front and back glass, but damn that doesnt look like it fell 9 stories down an elevator shaft, however the frame probably tells a different story

So was I. Thought maintenance was going to bring me pieces. Tech is supposed to come look at it on Thursday. Honestly, I'd just rather have a new phone but they said I gotta try the screen and glass replacement first. 

1 hour ago, medic3256 said:

So was I. Thought maintenance was going to bring me pieces. Tech is supposed to come look at it on Thursday. Honestly, I'd just rather have a new phone but they said I gotta try the screen and glass replacement first. 

Probs some garbage aftermarket screen so yea better off with a new phone

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they fixed it, new factory screen, new factory glass front and back, new factory frame, and a new factory battery. I'm surprised that it's working just like it was before. Had to get a new case, the old one was destroyed. I tested out the OIS, seems to be ok, but only time will tell.  I even got a thing saying that it's re-certified by samsung.

PXL_20240203_172415480.MP.jpg