'Anti-Scam' Apps

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing a lot about these "anti-scam" apps lately, and I'm curious what's everyone's thoughts on them?

I came across one called "ScamNet: Anti-Scam App" on the App Store recently, and it is becoming popular and is offering a lot of features for free. Using it for a week now and it has been sending me alerts whenever I visit a questionable website!

I have also tried the other regulars like Avast, Mcafee and etc. 

But this one is free with no subscriptions or in app purchases.

I believe most would not be tempted to install such apps as we may think we are not stupid to fall for it. 😈
But I would like to be safe then sorry and this may be very true for those whom are not tech savvy like the older generation.

What do ya'll think?

IMG_5048.thumb.PNG.1ebe101f78d59510e3ab5640093d7c40.PNG

53 minutes ago, Blaze160501 said:

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing a lot about these "anti-scam" apps lately, and I'm curious what's everyone's thoughts on them?

I came across one called "ScamNet: Anti-Scam App" on the App Store recently, and it is becoming popular and is offering a lot of features for free. Using it for a week now and it has been sending me alerts whenever I visit a questionable website!

I have also tried the other regulars like Avast, Mcafee and etc. 

But this one is free with no subscriptions or in app purchases.

I believe most would not be tempted to install such apps as we may think we are not stupid to fall for it. 😈
But I would like to be safe then sorry and this may be very true for those whom are not tech savvy like the older generation.

What do ya'll think?

IMG_5048.thumb.PNG.1ebe101f78d59510e3ab5640093d7c40.PNG

My anti-scam app :

image.png.f1d61924beb4cbc640f69e4d50c19953.png

My mom's anti-scam app :

Her son (me). I simply drilled into her brain that she must contact me before buying anything off internet.

She didn't do it at first, got scammed $20 through instagram market. After that she contact me whenever she finds a deal or want to buy something off internet.

A cheap learning fee.

Pretty sure the way that app works is by making a database based on user reports or something.
So most likely there bound to be some website that it doesn't know (yet).

Plus, scams for elderly most often (at least in my country) happens through sites like instagram/tiktok/facebook marketplace/direct Whatsapp message/etc.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.